Which Windows 7 ?

Planning to get a newer laptop, and maybe replace the 5400 HD with a better 7200 rpm HD.

Which Windows 7 package would you get ?

Thanks !

post-37120-0-51420200-1365099641.png

The one called Windows 8.

Or just wait it out and see what's going on with Blue.

Nah but in all seriousness now...Why are you not choosing the latest software for an up to date laptop? Any specifics you need to run that wont run on 8?

The one called Windows 8.

Or just wait it out and see what's going on with Blue.

Nah but in all seriousness now...Why are you not choosing the latest software for an up to date laptop? Any specifics you need to run that wont run on 8?

The OP didn't ask about Windows 8.

Hum, like Detection said: The Cheapest one!

The OP didn't ask about Windows 8.

Hum, like Detection said: The Cheapest one!

I know he didn't that's what's surprising, no harm in asking people questions on a forum is there....Heaven forbid....

I know he didn't that's what's surprising, no harm in asking people questions on a forum is there....Heaven forbid....

Seeing how a lot of people hate windows 8 and intentionally upgrade to windows 7 its not very surprising at all :)

• Like 2

But I think the 'branded' one installs Dell or HP crapware on the hard drive.

I don't know if you can separate that out.

So it may be better to go with the more 'spensive version. :s

But I think the 'branded' one installs Dell or HP crapware on the hard drive.

I don't know if you can separate that out.

So it may be better to go with the more 'spensive version. :s

You can remove any OEM crapware (either manually or use PC Decrapifier). Worked great on my Acer laptop and was quicker than a format and driver install.

You might still have it say Dell or whoever in the System Info page (where the WEI score is, and I think there might be a regedit for that too.

Is it worth 57 bucks and a hour or so to you?

• Like 1

Look, I love Win8, but I would never post about it to someone who is asking for another OS. The people who don't like Win8 are just like the Linux people when you offer them BSD.

I'd go with Pro, if you are like me (in so much as you don't know what the actual difference between the 2 are because you've never bothered to check and see)

I only got ultimate because I got a good deal through a buddy

Windows 8 grows at approximately .5% marketshare per month, and has since it's release. All things being equal, and if that relatively low percentage growth continues to average about .5% a month, it will surpass Vista in 2-3 months and the mainstream MacOS versions (10.6, 10.7, and 10.8) within 6 -7 months - it already has more marketshare than any one of the versions of MacOS if they were to stand on their own.

I know there are people out there who don't like Windows 8, but saying it's a failure due to lack of uptake (which is a perception, not a reality) also means that every version of the MacOS was a failure as well. I'm not sure either is true, honestly.

• Like 2