Bill Gates (fictitiously) apologizes about Windows 8

He did not say this, yet! :rofl:

post-455563-0-47625600-1365124089.jpg

• Like 2

I hope this doesn't happen. I love Windows 8 GUI the way it is. The smart screen is far more intuitive than the list of static icons that was the start menu.

forget the start menu.. think of it as when Microsoft got rid of the horizontal list of items in windows mobile..

it is so much better now..

http://www.inquisitr.com/76157/tablets-to-overtake-desktop-sales-by-2015-laptops-will-still-reign/

every year more tablets are sold and touch screen laptops.. and less desktops are sold.. so why would they bow to the desktop crowd and ignore the tablet crowd..

Well, I've never bought a desktop. I've always built my own. I'll have a hard time feeling sorry for Dell or HP if they sell more laptops than desktops, because frankly aside from some OEMs having some fairly slick cases, the specs are crap for the prices they charge.

For me, my desktop is my game console, my media server, my media player, my word processor, my web browser, my book/comic book reader and library, my chat platform and probably a lot more that I'm not even thinking of off the top of my head. I want it in a central location (my living room) on a big screen. The majority of people probably use computers mostly to check Facebook, and for them a laptop or tablet is probably all they're going to need. There's no shock really where the trend is going. That doesn't mean Microsoft made a wise decision in axing the start menu (I like the new Start Screen, too, by the way; I use both. And thank you, Stardock, for Start8, Decor8 and ModernMix).

Leave Gates alone! He isn't the head of Microsoft for at worst five years now. First Arseperger's, now this. I'm starting to suspect that you have quite unhealthy level of interest in the man, an obsession even.

Tagging posts is a requirement!

Set the most relevant tag as the prefix, as shown below. Threads started without correct prefix tags may be closed without notice.

3_SNAG-0010.png