Microsoft obsolete by 2017

Google beat Microsoft to the punch with Office Cloud Solutions.

beat != superior.

Office '13 > Google

2017 is literally right around the corner. It will come and go before any of us can blink twice.

I could see the possibility of the prediction coming true in 10 or 12 years but not in 3 or even 7 years.

Google beat Microsoft to the punch with Office Cloud Solutions.

and we hear new Office 365 win over Google Apps for Business these days. It doesn't matter if Google was first, Office 365 has some serious traction. It didn't matter Microsoft was first with tablets or mobile OS when Apple walked in and turned everything on its head.

and we hear new Office 365 win over Google Apps for Business these days. It doesn't matter if Google was first, Office 365 has some serious traction. It didn't matter Microsoft was first with tablets or mobile OS when Apple walked in and turned everything on its head.

now common on now, Apple said they where first, the Tablet PC wasn't a tablet remember? it was a PC since it had the name "PC" in it..... :rofl:

I know Office365 has serious traction, I like it.. I actually migrated a company with 250 users to it.. It was pretty bad ass.. No more Exchange issues lol

My point is, this is the first time in a LONG time, Microsoft has had actually competition. I am not over here with a picket sign yelling DIE MICROSOFT DIE.. I like Microsoft and I think it is great they are making it easier on IT department with managed services..

However, for a small company 2-10 employees, I believe Google is the better choice right now..

Google has it setup to access everything that you have with so easy.. yes, I know there are ways to access your documents with Microsoft on mobile devices.. but right now, Google's solution is more seamless.

I am not a black or white guy. I like all Google and Microsoft 365, OSX, Windows, Linux, Android, Apple..

Given that this is coming from the same Boz who gave us such gems as:

a) Flash is the way forward and HTML5 is just a fad that can't compete

b) Google are committed to WebKit and everyone else should be too

I think I'll treat this prediction as the fanboy fantasy that it so obviously is.

I don't think it's something that we should be hoping for either.

Sure it is, the way microsoft have been treating their desktop customers with pure hatred and contempt there's nothing wrong with hoping they fall.

Google has Microsoft beat in Email, Browser, Mobile and Tablet OS, Search, Maps all of which are primary applications consumer use.

I haven't seen anything that Microsoft does that is way better than Google.

not to mention, Software has become commoditized, that certainly does have a negative effect on largest software maker.

You're thinking consumer.. Microsoft's power is in enterprise and they are unmatched. That's why these reports are laughable.

So when can I start gaming on ChromeOS?

With Flash games and Stage3D and HTML5 Unreal Engine 4 as well you will get browser gaming far sooner than you think. Actually there are so many awesome games now on Chrome Store you can play (both Flash and HTML5 it's ridonculous).

So give it a couple of more years and it will work quite well. Plus.. I'm not going into the things you can do now, like using services like Gaikai or OnLive that stream full PC games directly to the browser.

I played Battlefield 3 in a browser through Gaikai and it was pretty great experience.. didn't feel any difference than playing it on my PC.

And it's being done with software now too.. http://www.nivio.com/

So Microsoft's dominance on desktop where you need to run their OS to run apps is definitely coming to an end.

This is not a personal opinion. just facts

more people use google than bing

more phones use Android than WP8

more people use gmail actively than Hotmail

more people use google maps than bing maps.. even in US

while Xbox is probably the only exception, more people buy smartphones/Tablets than Xboxes . Gaming on Android is picking up not just Android based consoles and on tablets and Phones.

right now, it seems , its not a matter of If but When MS will be irrelevant in consumer space outside of niche gaming area.

Saw some more of your posts. You have no idea what your talking about. Consumer email, xboxes? Your talking about a grain of sand compared to what the enterprise end of it is.

Microsoft became obsolete the moment they released windows 8.

this is awesome... :laugh:

Given that this is coming from the same Boz who gave us such gems as:

a) Flash is the way forward and HTML5 is just a fad that can't compete

b) Google are committed to WebKit and everyone else should be too

I think I'll treat this prediction as the fanboy fantasy that it so obviously is.

First of all.. I am not making the prediction.. so instead of personally attacking, you can comment on the article and the actual report.

Second, I'm not saying anything you wrote there.. you are pulling crap out your ass..

I said, HTML5 still sucks and Flash is far better for any serious interactivity and browser ubiquity as well as performance.. that might change eventually in the future (as we might see things like DartFlash, CreateJS, TypeScript and PlayScript bring Flash AS3 language qualities to the web and we use canvas as a stage just like it is in flash) as nothing lasts forever but right now that's a reality.. HTML5/JS is terrible to work with it and until we have unified rendering engines and standards that actually work, a proper alternative to Stage3D that everyone supports (that *might be WebGL) and evolve quickly that won't happen.

Second, I didn't speak of Google's commitment to Webkit, I was talking about that for the web it would be better if browser vendors all came under one roof with rendering engine so we can move innovation forward and have less problems with fragmentation.

If you lack understanding of what I'm talking about maybe you shouldn't voice your opinions.

you know, there was people in the mid 90's saying Apple would be dead by the 2000's... now we have the same people basically saying this about MS... at what people will people realize things can change fast

you know, there was people in the mid 90's saying Apple would be dead by the 2000's... now we have the same people basically saying this about MS... at what people will people realize things can change fast

I'm sure there's supposed to be a point in there somewhere ;)

sorry, I just had to :p

I'm sure there's supposed to be a point in there somewhere ;)

sorry, I just had to :p

oh hush you :p sometimes the fingers don't type what the brain is thinking

Sure it is, the way microsoft have been treating their desktop customers with pure hatred and contempt there's nothing wrong with hoping they fall.

Really? Where is that hatred? Cus I must be blind... :rolleyes:

Really? Where is that hatred? Cus I must be blind... :rolleyes:

Well I would certainly never argue with you about your blindness :)

Second, I didn't speak of Google's commitment to Webkit, I was talking about that for the web it would be better if browser vendors all came under one roof with rendering engine so we can move innovation forward and have less problems with fragmentation.

It's funny. As someone who felt the need to endlessly repeat how everyone should use WebKit despite being given numerous arguments why that would be a bad idea, you had absolutely no comment or participation in the thread announcing Google's fork of WebKit, or how WebKit are moving to purge certain Google components from the project.

First of all.. I am not making the prediction.. so instead of personally attacking, you can comment on the article and the actual report.

Second, I'm not saying anything you wrote there.. you are pulling crap out your ass..

I said, HTML5 still sucks and Flash is far better for any serious interactivity and browser ubiquity as well as performance.. that might change eventually in the future (as we might see things like DartFlash, CreateJS, TypeScript and PlayScript bring Flash AS3 language qualities to the web and we use canvas as a stage just like it is in flash) as nothing lasts forever but right now that's a reality.. HTML5/JS is terrible to work with it and until we have unified rendering engines and standards that actually work, a proper alternative to Stage3D that everyone supports (that *might be WebGL) and evolve quickly that won't happen.

If you lack understanding of what I'm talking about maybe you shouldn't voice your opinions.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breaths*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA