Posted 06 April 2013 - 18:27

It's not OFFICAL don't get angry at Microsoft get angry at orthy

It's not OFFICAL don't get angry at Microsoft get angry at orthy

#122 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

• 1,589 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 18:58

Why would you want to play offline? Oh I do not know, maybe you are away from home at someplace that does not have wi-fi? Maybe you need to move and need to wait a few weeks before you get internet hooked up, routers in place, and cables (if you are not using wi-fi) throughout the house. Maybe the connection going to your neighborhood or even your house is having issues. Maybe your modem died.

There are so many reasons why you would want to play offline. Not everybody has a stable internet connection. If you do, then great. But not everybody does.

#123 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:00

Why would you want to play offline? Oh I do not know, maybe you are away from home at someplace that does not have wi-fi?

This reminds me of the issue people have with Chromebooks being always on Internet devices. I guess the Internet scares some people.

#124 AngelGraves13

AngelGraves13

Neowinian

• 302 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 17:58

In 10 years...kids will ask "was there a time when the internet wasn't always on?" not to mention 4K will be the standard. Damn...I feel old and I'm only 29.

#125 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 15,975 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:28

Following Twitter Tirade, Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft

If the first rule of public speaking is to know your audience, then the first rule of Twitter is to realize that you are speaking publicly. Last week, Game Informer shared a rumor that the next Xbox would require an active internet connection at all times. Following that, Microsoft creative director Adam Orth (pictured above in his Twitter profile image) took to Twitter with some impolitic thoughts on the matter.

Posted Image

Game Informer has learned from sources close to the matter that Orth is no longer with Microsoft. A call to Microsoft's main switchboard confirmed this fact. Our sources, who wish to remain anonymous, suggest that Orth resigned in the wake of last week's events. We haven't been able to confirm whether this was a voluntary or forced resignation.

Microsoft isn't commenting on the "always on" rumor or today's talk of a May 21 reveal for the console. We can't say for sure if Orth's "deal with it" approach is confirmation that users will need to be online (though with news emerging today of television integration, it's becoming more likely), but we can safely assume that his employer didn't appreciate him commenting on the matter. The company issued the following apology last week in response:

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

We have contacted Microsoft and Orth regarding his departure, and will update the story with their responses should they provide them.

Posted Image

#126 OP +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 17,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 14:46

Following Twitter Tirade, Microsoft Creative Director Adam Orth No Longer With Microsoft

Wow, either fired or quit huh. Good riddens either way

#127 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 14:48

I wonder how Orth will ever find a job when his employers do a background check and google displays endless search results of this incident

A few words can be a career ender.. it's scary

#128 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,983 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 11 April 2013 - 14:50

Unemployment #dealwithit

#129 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 16:27

The thing is, this is apparently an option that MS is thinking over. If it wasn't true, they could easily just say, " These rumors are not true and we do not intend to force people to always be online to play games." Instead, they aren't saying a thing. 1 simple sentence could fix the ordeal. So due to them remaining silent, it has to be assumed that they at least have this idea on the table.