4 replies to this topic

#1 +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,063 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 April 2013 - 20:58

Posted Image

RUMOURS of a new “budget iPhone” were circulating this morning after snaps of what it might look like were released online.

It is thought Apple have been looking at ways of breaking into the low-cost smartphone market to take on manufacturers like Samsung and HTC.

Posted Image

And these latest snaps — by designer Nickolay Lamm — suggest the company may revert back to the translucent design used on its iconic iMac G3 from 1998.

Posted Image

Part of the reason the original iMac design was so popular is that it helped de-mystify the technology and make it less scary to consumers.

Posted Image

And it is thought the same technique could be used to rope in new customers to Apple at the low end of the smartphone market.

Posted Image

Writing on myvouchercodes.co.uk — the website that commissioned the snaps — designer Nickolay Lamm said: “Before the iMac, computers were all in a box shape and in gray color.

Posted Image

“The ability to see inside the computer made the device seem less mysterious and much more personal.”

Source: http://www.thesun.co...ate-online.html

#2 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,838 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 05 April 2013 - 21:04

>>
“The ability to see inside the computer made the device seem less mysterious and much more personal.”<<

I don't know about that ridiculous statement, but I'm pretty sure these will be a smash hit. I do think the UI is ready for an overhaul, not a lot but the screen is kind of bland and bland and boring now. Other than that, looks good. Kudos to Apple.

Not having a standard iPhone connector will keep demand for the higher end models as iPhone has the more great phone peripherals than anyone and they use the proprietary connector.

#3 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 603 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 21:14

Get it right, the original iMac design was popular because it could double as a boat anchor lol.

#4 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,659 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 April 2013 - 21:17

ummm that is a fan made concept... whoever thought it was an actual Apple concept...

#5 antsy

antsy

Admln

• 1,339 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 21:55

Give me a phone with a ****ing keypad,and an SD card slot, then I MIGHT be interested.

Untill then, I'd rather get an ordinary smart phone and car with the change.