First Ouya reviews hit the Internet (And they ain't glowing)

For me it should be around PS2 style of graphics. Would be good for like a system for the kids to play games on.

It seems to me like people are expecting a full-blown MS/Sony/Nintendo competitor for a third of the price, and from a startup with no prior experience. It's a friggin' Tegra 3 chip with 1GB of RAM, it's not going to win any awards for being a powerhouse, but it has the potential to be a nice little low-power device that can serve up games (and streaming maybe?) for a fraction of what we'll pay for an Xbox or PS4 or Wii U.

People expecting it to be a revolutionary console to out-gun the XBox and/or PS4 are going to be disappointed, but then their expectations are so unrealistic that they were always going to be disappointed.

This along with what seems like folk simply jumping on bandwagons after being told what to think by supposed "Pro" reviewers/testers etc and not just in this instance but in many game releases aswell. I just feel that as a whole people, especially quite recently on here need to dial down there massive expectations of what "good" is.

There was once a time when we all went mad for a 1 stick controller, with 2 buttons and a game in black and white. Now were so far removed from it that people just seems to have these sky high expectations of everything straight out the box. A little humble pie is needed in a big way.

If you take offense to that then sorry, but hey thats my opinion, live with it.

This along with what seems like folk simply jumping on bandwagons after being told what to think by supposed "Pro" reviewers/testers etc and not just in this instance but in many game releases aswell. I just feel that as a whole people, especially quite recently on here need to dial down there massive expectations of what "good" is.

There was once a time when we all went mad for a 1 stick controller, with 2 buttons and a game in black and white. Now were so far removed from it that people just seems to have these sky high expectations of everything straight out the box. A little humble pie is needed in a big way.

If you take offense to that then sorry, but hey thats my opinion, live with it.

Companies hype these products like crazy, if they are released and fall flat then they deserve honest criticism. It is a double-edged sword. If you hype a product you better make sure it matches expectations. Don't phone it in and then expect consumers to be excited you created anything at all.

This article was about initial impressions. I think some people should actually bother to read the article before commenting.

This is Neowin, and it's not a Microsoft product. End of explanation.

Seriously though, what did people expect for 99 bucks?

This is Neowin, and it's not a Microsoft product. End of explanation.

Seriously though, what did people expect for 99 bucks?

Controller that works?

They have the device which seems pretty powerful (for an android device) and the software is getting there. I think this could shape up to be great.

Shame that people are saying don't invest in it, that's exactly what they need right now.