Tell us with your intuition: Does "great visionary leader" sound po

For some reason, the first thing I think of is "Must be a douchebag". Boy, have I got cynical :laugh:

For some reason, the first thing I think of is "Must be a douchebag". Boy, have I got cynical :laugh:

It's sad, we all have. First thing I think is scheister. Successful snake oil salesman. :/

Sounds like the way communist states describe their leaders.

Sounds like the over-zealous way most places describe their leaders-to-be. I could see this against Romney, for example.

It's sad, we all have. First thing I think is scheister. Successful snake oil salesman. :/

It came to like a flash as well, and so I came to ask your feelings here.

It's called a pre-conceived notion.

You guys immediately made a judgement about the guy basing on the title of the presentation/press release without knowing anything concrete about him.

?Following his intensive and successful interviews and forum discussions with Eastern students, faculty, and staff and with Richmond and Madison County leaders, Dr. Benson was the resounding choice as our next great, visionary leader.

?Dr. Benson?s distinguished record of success as an innovative executive is impressive and well recognized among peers and colleagues,? Turner continued. ?He has devoted himself to students and their academic success, is an accomplished communicator and scholar committed to diversity and expanding global academic opportunities, and is a proven financial manager who will develop and sustain political and external support for EKU.?

http://www.eku.edu/news/dr-michael-t-benson-selected-ekus-12th-president

It sounds like everyone is euphoric about this guy at EKU becoming their president. So I don't see anything wrong with calling him that as it seems he deserves it.

The part I have a problem with is "the next great visionary leader." Such a title should be applied after proving himself in the position.

The part I have a problem with is "the next great visionary leader." Such a title should be applied after proving himself in the position.

Yeah, future is full of possibilities, open to anyone who's still making efforts.

That would make him "the latest", "next" implies an assumed future.

A leader without a vision is not a leader, so to say "a visionary leader" is somewhat redundant imho, but it's still a good complement if it's been rightfully deserved.