FarCry 3: Blood Dragon, starring Michael Biehn, releases May 1

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

• 1,434 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:30

The Xbox Live page has been fixed, but it did include this information, according to Kotaku.

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

Xbox Live: http://marketplace.x...15-d802584113bf

May 1 is apparently the official release date. Kotaku's report says it doesn't know if it's an expansion or what, but given that it has Arcade-branded art, I think it's safe to say this is a stand-alone FPS game that will be shorter than a typical retail release.

I've always wanted more developers to make smaller games like this -- looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Leaked screenshots can be seen here.

#2 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,456 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:00

I'm throwing my money at the screen but it's not working!

#3 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:27

Haha this looks like it will be so bad it will be good. And knowing Ubi Montreal it will take the record for longest ever download only game. The tutorial will be seven hours.

#4 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,296 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:34

Haha this looks like it will be so bad it will be good. And knowing Ubi Montreal it will take the record for longest ever download only game. The tutorial will be seven hours.

I don't waste any money on any Ubisoft studio after the Ghost Recon franchise

#5 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:44

Haha come on that's too drastic. Ubi Mont are amazing. Completely insane as in they make 50 hour monsters most gamers will never finish, but they are incredibly talented and sure pack that content in there.

#6 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 20:06

Well its official I can now sell/trade my copy of FC3; was holding off until solo DLC but seeing as this doesn't require FC3 Im good to go.

#7 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:20

But there will be DLC independent of this game.

Btw we forgot to mention its written by Alex Garland. Love the guy.

#8 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,088 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:23

I don't waste any money on any Ubisoft studio after the Ghost Recon franchise

Your lost

#9 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:26

Well said Silver, huge loss for any gamer, even if like most of us you only have time to sample the behemoths they've been putting out lately.

#10 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,088 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:31

Every companies delivered us crap over the years, doesn't mean everything else will be crap.

#11 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,476 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:33

80's action movies music and catch phrases :laugh:

#12 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,379 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:21

Leaked gameplay:

Apparently, it's the PC version.

#13 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,476 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:02

Leaked gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEXszMyB-k

Apparently, it's the PC version.

and Ubisoft took it down :p

#14 ajua

ajua

Neowinian Senior

• 2,251 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:41

I look forward to playing this!

I don't get why game studios don't release more games after they successfully launch one. The Far Cry 3 engine is awesome. I would re-use it to make two or three more games like it. Perhaps adding an urban or another jungle setting with completely different stories.

I think people would buy them and the studios could make more money, instead of settling for a release, some dlc's or standalone pack and wait one or two years to launch a new game.

#15 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 14:08

I look forward to playing this!

I don't get why game studios don't release more games after they successfully launch one. The Far Cry 3 engine is awesome. I would re-use it to make two or three more games like it. Perhaps adding an urban or another jungle setting with completely different stories.

I think people would buy them and the studios could make more money, instead of settling for a release, some dlc's or standalone pack and wait one or two years to launch a new game.

Sarcasm? Youre basically describing the majority of studios and the current state of gaming with a few exceptions. Nearly every "big" franchise is creating sequels and milky the cash cow that is their current franchises' popularity. I dont think I should have to but ill list a few, and disregard the fact that were discussing Far Cry 3, a sequel itself.

Halo, Call of Duty, Crysis, Battlefield, Killzone, Uncharted, Dead Space, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, there are so many examples.

I personally prefer a studio take the time it needs and not be rushed, I welcome new (Journey) or rebooted series, Tomb Raider. While writing this I have to think you were sarcastic as you basically asked for what gaming currently is: sequel after sequel on a nearly annual basis which is (IMO) resulting in stale franchises and lack of innovation as this "generation" of gaming comes to a close.

/rant & apologies for length lol