60 posts in this topic

Posted

In an age where most big games ship on multiple platforms, it was a Sony exclusive that took home the grand prize at last week

Posted

SO wheres the proof? all I see is 1 or 2 disgruntled developers who don't like the big bad Microsoft because they weren't treated like rockstars for their irrelevant product. That's far from "Developers Flocking". And xbox is a brand that makes Microsoft billions. Of course there is going to be a process before you can put your stuff on there. AND last I checked, Microsoft xbox 360 destroys the competition in software sales. Which developer wants to put his product on something that doesn't have the level of sales as xbox360?

3 people like this

Posted

SO wheres the proof? all I see is 1 or 2 disgruntled developers who don't like the big bad Microsoft because they weren't treated like rockstars for their irrelevant product. That's far from "Developers Flocking"

What is your contribution to society is probably a humourous meme here....

You don't **** where you eat is more relevant.

Brian Provinciano, creator of the old-school parody game Retro City Rampage, tells horror stories about his experience with Microsoft. He says the Xbox maker canceled the release of his game on Live Arcade after he spoke out publicly about the inefficiencies of the process. Microsoft, he says, forced him to resubmit the game through the arduous approvals process and go through an extra six months of negotiations that required him to submit the game through an outside publisher to get it released.

And when the game did come out, he says Microsoft made an expensive mistake:

Posted

Hey Audio, when are you going to post a story that is not "anti-MS" or "pro-Sony"? I've been waiting for years. You are like an internet crawler that is hunting for stories that put MS in bad light even if slightly. It figures why would you post the "always on" story from Paul Thurrot but conveniently omit his remarks against Sony because it put Sony in bad light.

5 people like this

Posted

What is your contribution to society is probably a humourous meme here....

You don't **** where you eat is more relevant.

don't get it twisted. irrelevant is used compared to big titles in the gaming market. they do want to be treated special. Microsoft is giving them the privilege to get their little unknown game exposure to their xbox gaming base. that in itself should be an honor,and they should count their blessings. Sony now wants to invest in the indie market, and of course gathers a few of these developers, offers them the world to get press,and these guys all of a sudden start singing. Again,the title is a complete lie, developers are not flocking. Id like to see you defend that because it just isn't true.

Posted

I think indie development of "smaller" games is going to be the next big boon for the video game industry. So many interesting, innovative games came out this generation and it wasn't even a focus for the platforms. I can only seeing it be more influential once the consoles put them in the forefront. It could be a serious mistake on Microsoft's part if it doesn't follow suit..

Posted

How exactly will the Indie Games define the next generation of consoles? Most Indie Games are absolutely horrible anyway.

Posted

Title is misleading plain fictional.

4 people like this

Posted

Hey Audio, when are you going to post a story that is not "anti-MS" or "pro-Sony"? I've been waiting for years. You are like an internet crawler that is hunting for stories that put MS in bad light even if slightly. It figures why would you post the "always on" story from Paul Thurrot but conveniently omit his remarks against Sony because it put Sony in bad light.

seriously, who cares? Why does a fan have to explain himself to not be dogpiled on?

Posted

seriously, who cares? Why does a fan have to explain himself to not be dogpiled on?

I have no problems with his Sony love or him posting articles. I get tired of his nonstop ant-MS articles though. I can't remember a single article he has posted in Xbox forums that wasn't somehow negative.

4 people like this

Posted

IF Microsoft does what I think they are going to do with the xbox they will still sell tons of them. IF the xbox has the hdmi IN and the blueray player then I will buy one to replace my aging google tv bluray player. Its also been rumoured that they will release a lower priced non gaming version of the next xbox asa media/bluray consumption device. Microsoft has the potential to sell a ton of xbox 720's . Even if they lose developers.

Posted

How exactly will the Indie Games define the next generation of consoles? Most Indie Games are absolutely horrible anyway.

Not all indie games are good. The same can be said for AAA games too. There will always be variable quality. I was more referring to games like Braid, Jounery, Minecraft, FTL, Shovel Knight, etc. Indie games like that will be or already are transforming the industry landscape. They are arguably more creative than the mainstream publisher games, and games like these will become more influential once the platform providers promote them as first-class games instead of an afterthought.

Posted

Not all indie games are good. The same can be said for AAA games too. There will always be variable quality. I was more referring to games like Braid, Jounery, Minecraft, FTL, Shovel Knight, etc. Indie games like that will be or already are transforming the industry landscape. They are arguably more creative than the mainstream publisher games, and games like these will become more influential once the platform providers promote them as first-class games instead of an afterthought.

Those are great games but I doubt anybody would buy a console to play games like those in the near future.

Posted

Meh, wouldn't be surprised.. The PS3 was pretty big but not as big as the PS2 when compared to xbox1vs ps2.. Hopefully they will have a real winner on their hands.. It seems MS likes to Nickel and Dime you for you everything.. Not sure of Sony is like that now or not.. Just know they are free to play online.. I have actually bought every console since SNES.. I doubt that will own either PS4 or the next Xbox on launch.. might not pick either one of them up.. my consoles just collect dust haven't played them in about two years or how long the last GTA was released.. I play my 3DS thought.. a lot of good games on that.. I like just how you can pick it up and start playing.. Playing a console these days is unreal.. update, patch, download, blah firmware update.. gayness.. i like steam.. just sits there.. when an update happens.. it downloads it.. but like the Wii-U because my wife and I can play it..

Posted

Developers are what now ? when did this starts, since I haven't seen any of this flocking or fleeing ...

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok thread over, Hawkman knows best.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have no problems with his Sony love or him posting articles. I get tired of his nonstop ant-MS articles though. I can't remember a single article he has posted in Xbox forums that wasn't somehow negative.

Unfortunately AB is reverting to his old self from the last console launch and beyond. I had hoped the gamers hangout had evolved beyond that but...

2 people like this

Posted

Microsoft has been marketing the crap out of its indie developers.. Braid and Minecraft both have done phenomenally on the Xbox 360.. are any of those actually available on PS?

Posted

Devs are going to go where the money is. Why do you think EA/Activsion/etc release ported titles on as many systems as possible?

A smart dev isn't going to ignore millions of potential sales because one console is "better".

Posted

Developers flocking from one console to another wouldn't be good business. Unless, the console has issues that would keep people from buying it (always connected to the internet, but isn't the PS4 the same way?") Exclusive titles are great and all, but I think the devs rather have their games just being played instead of a console war being paid millions to keep it on one console.. I don't think most devs are about the money..

Posted

Microsoft has shown a complete lack of vision with indie games on Xbox 360. It's too bad because they had pretty much the dream framework (XNA), but outside of that management was terrible; it was a royal pain for developers to get any visibility for their games, and for users to find the newest and greatest indie titles. On the outside it looks like someone had an idea, a few ran along with it and everyone else tried to kill it as much as possible. There's a lack of cohesion and leadership at Microsoft and it shows.

4 people like this

Posted

Microsoft has shown a complete lack of vision with indie games on Xbox 360. It's too bad because they had pretty much the dream framework (XNA), but outside of that management was terrible; it was a royal pain for developers to get any visibility for their games, and for users to find the newest and greatest indie titles. On the outside it looks like someone had an idea, a few ran along with it and everyone else tried to kill it as much as possible. There's a lack of cohesion and leadership at Microsoft and it shows.

I will blame that on the leadership that took over after Peter Moore and Jay Allard left. I think that Don Mattick? and (one more guy I can't recall name of) are pure corporate business people with no love (and vision) for gaming beyond $$$.

Posted

I am inclined to agree with this..

Posted

A couple of pro-Sony stories aren't going to throw the balance of a website almost entirely MS-friendly/dedicated out of whack. You don't like the stories he posts? Here is a completely crazy notion: post some of your own.

From where I sit, Sony actually does seem to take a much more active role and sincere interest in indie/experimental titles. When an indie game comes to the 360, I wait until their eventual release on steam. (Mark of The Ninja, Fez, and I wish I waited for Trials Evolutions to come to Steam). I know I am not the only one who is doing this.

Posted

A couple of pro-Sony stories aren't going to throw the balance of a website almost entirely MS-friendly/dedicated out of whack. You don't like the stories he posts? Here is a completely crazy notion: post some of your own.

From where I sit, Sony actually does seem to take a much more active role and sincere interest in indie/experimental titles. When an indie game comes to the 360, I wait until their eventual release on steam. (Mark of The Ninja, Fez, and I wish I waited for Trials Evolutions to come to Steam). I know I am not the only one who is doing this.

A couple?

(again, I have no problems with his pro-Sony stories).