Posted 08 April 2013 - 14:37

Ok thread over, Hawkman knows best.

#17 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,493 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 08 April 2013 - 14:42

I have no problems with his Sony love or him posting articles. I get tired of his nonstop ant-MS articles though. I can't remember a single article he has posted in Xbox forums that wasn't somehow negative.

Unfortunately AB is reverting to his old self from the last console launch and beyond. I had hoped the gamers hangout had evolved beyond that but...

#18 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• 3,095 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 08 April 2013 - 14:45

Not all indie games are good. The same can be said for AAA games too. There will always be variable quality. I was more referring to games like Braid, Jounery, Minecraft, FTL, Shovel Knight, etc. Indie games like that will be or already are transforming the industry landscape. They are arguably more creative than the mainstream publisher games, and games like these will become more influential once the platform providers promote them as first-class games instead of an afterthought.

Microsoft has been marketing the crap out of its indie developers.. Braid and Minecraft both have done phenomenally on the Xbox 360.. are any of those actually available on PS?

#19 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 14:51

Devs are going to go where the money is. Why do you think EA/Activsion/etc release ported titles on as many systems as possible?

A smart dev isn't going to ignore millions of potential sales because one console is "better".

#20 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,751 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:05

Developers flocking from one console to another wouldn't be good business. Unless, the console has issues that would keep people from buying it (always connected to the internet, but isn't the PS4 the same way?") Exclusive titles are great and all, but I think the devs rather have their games just being played instead of a console war being paid millions to keep it on one console.. I don't think most devs are about the money..

#21 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,665 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:12

Microsoft has shown a complete lack of vision with indie games on Xbox 360. It's too bad because they had pretty much the dream framework (XNA), but outside of that management was terrible; it was a royal pain for developers to get any visibility for their games, and for users to find the newest and greatest indie titles. On the outside it looks like someone had an idea, a few ran along with it and everyone else tried to kill it as much as possible. There's a lack of cohesion and leadership at Microsoft and it shows.

#22 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,614 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:14

Microsoft has shown a complete lack of vision with indie games on Xbox 360. It's too bad because they had pretty much the dream framework (XNA), but outside of that management was terrible; it was a royal pain for developers to get any visibility for their games, and for users to find the newest and greatest indie titles. On the outside it looks like someone had an idea, a few ran along with it and everyone else tried to kill it as much as possible. There's a lack of cohesion and leadership at Microsoft and it shows.

I will blame that on the leadership that took over after Peter Moore and Jay Allard left. I think that Don Mattick? and (one more guy I can't recall name of) are pure corporate business people with no love (and vision) for gaming beyond $$$.

#23 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,751 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:15

I am inclined to agree with this..

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,258 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:27

Hey Audio, when are you going to post a story that is not "anti-MS" or "pro-Sony"? I've been waiting for years. You are like an internet crawler that is hunting for stories that put MS in bad light even if slightly. It figures why would you post the "always on" story from Paul Thurrot but conveniently omit his remarks against Sony because it put Sony in bad light.

A couple of pro-Sony stories aren't going to throw the balance of a website almost entirely MS-friendly/dedicated out of whack. You don't like the stories he posts? Here is a completely crazy notion: post some of your own.

From where I sit, Sony actually does seem to take a much more active role and sincere interest in indie/experimental titles. When an indie game comes to the 360, I wait until their eventual release on steam. (Mark of The Ninja, Fez, and I wish I waited for Trials Evolutions to come to Steam). I know I am not the only one who is doing this.

#25 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,614 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:29

A couple of pro-Sony stories aren't going to throw the balance of a website almost entirely MS-friendly/dedicated out of whack. You don't like the stories he posts? Here is a completely crazy notion: post some of your own.

From where I sit, Sony actually does seem to take a much more active role and sincere interest in indie/experimental titles. When an indie game comes to the 360, I wait until their eventual release on steam. (Mark of The Ninja, Fez, and I wish I waited for Trials Evolutions to come to Steam). I know I am not the only one who is doing this.

A couple?

(again, I have no problems with his pro-Sony stories).

#26 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,255 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:32

Devs are going to go where the money is. Why do you think EA/Activsion/etc release ported titles on as many systems as possible?

A smart dev isn't going to ignore millions of potential sales because one console is "better".

Depends...if it is hard to develop on on console and not worth the money, then I can see them picking the one that is easier.

#27 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

• 1,413 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:32

XNA is dead, April 1 2014 is the last day of support, and no new versions.
They buried Indie games in there interface pretty deep several times, you had to stumble across it, or knew where it's at.
Microsoft obsession with control on xbox live, not allowing some to go on sale at the request of the game makers, etc.

Will see how Microsoft handles indie games at there Xbox next reveal or even talk about it at all (which would not be a good sign).

#28 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,255 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:33

I get tired of his nonstop ant-MS articles though.

Ignore him...dont read his posts. No one is forcing you to read/respond to them.

#29 ShareShiz

ShareShiz

Neowinian

• 969 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:35

Game developers are stupid. Just make EVERY game cross platform. If you pull favorites then you lose profit. Simple as that. -_-

#30 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,614 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:36

Ignore him...dont read his posts. No one is forcing you to read/respond to them.

I tried but it's kind of difficult when he keeps flooding the Xbox section (and damn that minispy :p).