8 posts in this topic

Posted

coh2-logo.jpg

Developer: Relic

Publisher: SEGA (Formerly THQ)

Release Date: June 25th 2013 Worldwide

Engine: Essence Engine 3.0

Links: Official / Twitter / Facebook / Youtube

Current State: Closed Beta (NDA Protected)

Gameplay

It is 1941 and the beginning of what will become the most brutal conflict of World War II, as Germany launches a full-scale invasion of the frozen tundra of the Soviet Union which would result in over 14 million military casualties. Take command of the iconic Soviet Red Army in brutal frontline warfare to free Mother Russia from the invading Nazis. Your strategic skills and tactical expertise hold the power to tip the very balance of this conflict in the sequel to the critically acclaimed and multi award-winning Company of Heroes. Engage in visceral tactical combat that will define you as a military leader and challenge you to wield the might of the Soviet Empire as you smash your way to Berlin.

Key Features

Award Winning Franchise

Posted

article_post_width_Company_of_Heroes_2_-

coh2_tout_gameplay_trailer_us.png 

us_in_darkest_hours2.png
thegamectuf3.png

PLATFORM: PC
GENRE: Real-time Strategy
DEVELOPER: Relic Entertainment
PUBLISHER: THQ SEGA
PRICE: FORTY-NINE AMERICAN DOLLARS ($79.99 Digital Collector's Edition)
RELEASE DATE: WW - June 25, 2013

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
The game will feature the Soviet Red Army as a new faction and will take the player on various stages of the Eastern Front campaign, from Operation Barbarossa to the Battle of Berlin. The game is built on Relic's proprietary Essence 3.0 engine, which showcases new improvements compared to Relic's previous games. One such improvements is the new line-of-sight technology, TrueSight, which aims to better emulate troop visibility in real combat. In contrast with traditional unit visibility, TrueSight more accurately represents a unit's visibility range based on environmental conditions and type of unit. Essence 3.0 will also incorporate an innovative weather-simulating technology known as ColdTech and destructible environments.

Weather conditions will be a major factor in gameplay, with movement and action penalties applied on players' units. Since many battles in the Eastern Front occurred in winter weather, troops can die of frostbite if caught in the outside during blizzards. Bonfires protect soldiers from the cold at the expense of enemy detection. Players moving through deep snow will move at a reduced speed. Certain maps will have frozen bodies of water, allowing for more movement options. However, players face the danger of being attacked from the other side; as a result, the ice can buckle under the weight of the units in movement.

Company of Heroes 2 will take advantage of DirectX 11 but will also support DirectX 9. The game will also utilize Valve's Steamworks technology with matchmaking and achievements. In regards to strategy mechanics, the game is set to retain the traditional Company of Heroes formula.
The game will also offer the player a chance to complete side missions such as protecting civilians caught in the crossfire.

COLDTECH
ColdTech is the revolutionary new weather technology found in Company of Heroes 2. Bringing the bitter cold Winter weather of the Eastern Front to life in a way never before seen in a strategy game, ColdTech will have players making difficult strategic decisions to keep their troops alive, and to engage the enemy intelligently. ColdTech includes an

Posted

Played the free open beta. It was ok, but nowhere near as good as CoH + Blitzkrieg mod. Kind of expected more after all this time. Will probably wait and see if its mod friendly.

Posted

I LOVE this game, but am way disappointed at the omission of custom game browser, similar to CoH. That, in my opinion, is the only big problem with this game at the moment. I would also not complain if they added more commander specific units, but I can imagine it being potentially difficult to balance this.

Posted

I tried to like it but I don't like the way the game is presented.

Would love a Command and Conquer style game but with army instead of futuristic.

Posted

I played and I really like it. If you would like to be similar to Command and Conquer then you can always play in it ;)

Posted

I also played it but it's not really a kind of game which I used to love from Relic. From DoWII the games started to be somehow 'artificial' for me and I don't really know why.