Have you replaced your controllers?

I've been using the same controller since 2007; I'm wondering if its time to replace it. Sometimes the battery pack disconnects from the controller and it disconnects at random times.

I'm also wondering if I'm playing an FPS, will a new controller give me better control?

Are you sure that isn't an issue with a flat battery or a rechargeable battery that is on its last legs?

The analogue sticks on my first PS3 controllers are noticeable looser than the ones on my newer PS3 controller, so that might have an affect on accuracy. It depends on whether you can adapt the the sensitivity.

Still using the same Xbox and PS3 controllers, which I've had since launch (except for one black Xbox 360 controller which I got when my launch 360 eventually died.)

PS3 controllers have held up very well.

None of the 360 controllers hold a charge. Tried several new battery packs, they were all terrible. I just used them plugged in.

Are you sure that isn't an issue with a flat battery or a rechargeable battery that is on its last legs?

Still using the same Xbox and PS3 controllers, which I've had since launch (except for one black Xbox 360 controller which I got when my launch 360 eventually died.)

PS3 controllers have held up very well.

None of the 360 controllers hold a charge. Tried several new battery packs, they were all terrible. I just used them plugged in.

I'm still using double As and I recently put in a fresh pair. It actually doesn't happen all that often.

As for accuracy, I feel the thumbsticks are a bit small for my hands, it makes precise aiming difficult. On blops2 I miss most of my kills even when I have the advantage to kill the enemy team, I just miss them by a hair and it ends up costing me every time.

I've never had a controller break. I seem to go through about 2 Play and Charge kits a year though.

After the second, I started taking them back under warranty every time they break (IMO a rechargeable battery should last more than 20-30 charges/6-8 months before it dies).

Is there another manufacturer that makes a better xbox controller?

Last thing I want to consider is Madcatz :laugh:

Is there another manufacturer that makes a better xbox controller?

Last thing I want to consider is Madcatz :laugh:

i don't know, i have a madcatz 360 controller I've used on my computer for several years now and it works just fine

Still using the same Xbox 360 controllers, when we have friends over etc but I bought a slim so.. I guess that doesn't count; but all we did to combat wear of the the thumbsticks was purchase some cheap (not quality, just price) covers for increased grip - but we play a lot of games as many of you do I'm sure.

I've had 2 controllers break. That was partly my fault though, as I got a bit too ****ed off and ended up throwing them :p

I've heard good thing about the Scuf Gaming controllers. Apparently a lot of e-Sports teams uses them. Might get one sometime in the future.