[Chrome] ERR_CONNECTION_RESET when trying to view Neowin

Question

The past week or so I have been seeing some strange errors on Google Chrome with certain websites, and it appears to be just one website at a time. For a few days I could not access Google, and then I Uninstalled and Re-installed Chrome and the issue was resolved. Now I am receiving an error when attempting to view the Neowin site. However, here is the strange part. It is happening on More than one computer. The website works without issue (connection wise, the pages is all sorts of broken) in IE10 however, in Chrome the site is a nogo. Here is a screen capture of the error I receive when attempting to go to Neowin.net on Chrome. Also If I click the reload button enough times it will eventually load however, if I click any links it goes back to this screen.

post-120066-0-31601200-1365519589.png

11 answers to this question

I believe the issue is with Chrome.

I used to encounter this issue regularly with various websites. Now I encounter it less often, but still with various websites.

I'm on the Dev channel if that helps at all >.<

Sounds like DNS specific to Chrome.

Try disabling DNS Prefetching, possibly purging your dns cache, and restart chrome.

EDIT: The other possibility is an infection of sorts. Are you seeing this with any other sites? Up to day virus/malware protection and recent scan done?

Sounds like the issue I also have, mainly with google.com and google calender. (using Chrome 26.0.1410.43)

It seems to be fixed by clearing cache and cookies or flushing the socket pools in chrome://net-internals/#sockets (as I saw suggested on the Google forums, bunch of people with the same issues)- I've never managed to get a site load simply by reloading it lots of times, I always have to do either one of the things I wrote.

Never had issues like this before but now it pops up every now and then. No trouble with Neowin though!

I've got DNS pre-fetch and multi-threading enabled. Could be related to that.

I've never had it lock me out of a website >.<

I am running Version 28.0.1469.0 dev-m

How do you disable the DNS prefetching is that the "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" option?

I have disabled that Prediction option and it appears to be working better, perhaps that was the issue all along, I have never experienced this issue before the end of March though, very strange.

They introduced a more aggressive DNS prefetch in recent Chome Dev builds.

Interestingly I haven't been having the issue much of late >.<

Ahh well, hope it works.

Unloading prefetch should fix it. Sometimes it doesn't work well with a round robin dns.

It's a good idea, I guess, but dns is so fast and responsive globally now that there's little point in prefetching a few bytes.

it would appear that unchecking that did not resolve the problem, a clicking to go into this thread after seeing an update to it presented the error message again for approximately 3 minutes of clicking reload before it actually loaded the page.

it would appear that unchecking that did not resolve the problem, a clicking to go into this thread after seeing an update to it presented the error message again for approximately 3 minutes of clicking reload before it actually loaded the page.

Did you clear your cache?