apple iphone 4 traffic jam distracted driving traffic court commissioner

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,286 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:46

Nope, he was stuck in traffic. Not like he stopped on the side of the road, so he is still considered in driving.
Doing anything with your phone while driving is dangerous. If you use it like GPS, buy the stand for it.

He was stopped...if he was moving I can see him getting a ticket.

#32 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 17:35

Nope, he was stuck in traffic. Not like he stopped on the side of the road, so he is still considered in driving.
Doing anything with your phone while driving is dangerous. If you use it like GPS, buy the stand for it.

He stopped doesn't really matter if the law was written like some of them.... I know some laws say you must pull over and put your emergency break on, some laws say the engine must be off and parking brake engaged..... just being stopped doesn't pass in those states... because you can still be wreckless with your foot on the brake... forget your are braking and pull it off ooops...

edit: this was suppose to be a reply to the other guy, quoted the wrong one... ugh

#33 sherrie.melton

sherrie.melton

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:55

I believe that the court ruled against the motorist primarily to discourage motorists from using a handheld when riding a bike on the road.  The traffic rules and regulations are designed to ensure the safety of the people who travel on the road.  

#34 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 4,966 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:31

listening to a song is not the same as singing along to a song, you are paying attention to the lyrics to sing along to it. listening to a talk radio show that gets you heated is not the same as passive listening. passive listening is like listening to white noise, it is there but you pay no mind to it. active listening is what a lot of people do to memorize songs, sing along to songs, listen and comprehend what is going on in a talk show. I will turn on a pop station and it will be white noise to me, howard stern touches something I don't like and my blood starts to boil and I start paying less attention to the road and more attention to him. Ever get into an argument with someone...try listening to someone you strongly do not agree with in a topic, maybe michael moore, and do anything at the same time...the thing you are doing, you will be doing slower and much less precise. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out or an article.

active vs passive
http://fourgrainer.c...sive-listening/
The minute that you listen/pay attention to what you are hearing you go from passive to active.

http://www.distracti...l_attention.pdf

You might also get distracted by the radio on specific situations, but that doesn't make phone calls while driving any less dangerous.

#35 Rickkins

Rickkins

Neowinian

• 633 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 02 September 2013 - 15:45

What people fail to realize, is that for the most part, traffic violations are primarily a source of income and nothing more. The "infraction" is merely the justification for the legal extortion carried out by the state.

#36 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,281 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:14

He stopped doesn't really matter if the law was written like some of them.... I know some laws say you must pull over and put your emergency break on, some laws say the engine must be off and parking brake engaged..... just being stopped doesn't pass in those states... because you can still be wreckless with your foot on the brake... forget your are braking and pull it off ooops...

edit: this was suppose to be a reply to the other guy, quoted the wrong one... ugh

They passed a similar law here in CT, problem is I've seen local and State Police talking on their phones while driving, I don't see how they could actually stop anyone else while blowing past me doing 80+ on a phone in 55 zone, and yes this has happened quite a few times, it's interesting the things you see when you have a 45 min - an hour commute each way to work