Posted Image

Posted Image

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

#2 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 23:15

I'm excited to see it. I've heard they're trying to change the combat to be more hack'n'slash action style than Dark Souls so I want to see how that goes.

And I'm curious if they'll give word on if they're making a pc version of this one, too.

#3 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,872 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 23:40

Awesome. I hope the PC port will happen and that it'll be good this time.

#4 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 23:43

The Dark Souls port is perfectly playable. I don't understand that gripe. And it has the added bonus that it can be modded to some extent.

#5 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,489 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:39

The Dark Souls port is perfectly playable. I don't understand that gripe. And it has the added bonus that it can be modded to some extent.

Notice:
Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.

They can't read.

#6 Patrick831

Patrick831

Neowinian

• 199 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:48

Can't wait! I love Demons Souls and Dark Souls.

The Xbox controller for the PC is a must for Dark Souls.

They should make a Dark Souls controller with padding so when it gets thrown across the room it has a chance to survive! lol

#7 helios01

helios01

Neowinian

• 379 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:22

I'm excited to see it. I've heard they're trying to change the combat to be more hack'n'slash action style than Dark Souls so I want to see how that goes.

And I'm curious if they'll give word on if they're making a pc version of this one, too.

Well that would certainly kill this great franchise but companies tend to shoot themselves in the foot so often it wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

#8 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 19:51

http://www.ign.com/v...-12-minute-demo

Looks good.

#9 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,677 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 10 April 2013 - 19:59

I loved Dark Souls, so I'm excited to see what they do for the sequel. Though I hope the "more actiony" combat rumor doesn't turn out to be true. I thought the combat in the first two was spot on.

#10 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:04

I loved Dark Souls, so I'm excited to see what they do for the sequel. Though I hope the "more actiony" combat rumor doesn't turn out to be true. I thought the combat in the first two was spot on.

It doesn't look like that rumor was true from this video. Combat looks pretty close to how it is in Dark Souls.

Also, going back and watching this trailer:

http://www.ign.com/v...ncement-trailer

There is a "PC" logo where it's lists the systems it will be on. So hopefully that means it's actually going to be planned for the pc from the start.

Small Q&A here, too:

http://www.ign.com/v...ut-dark-souls-2

#11 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:07

It could be better. I played a relatively chunky knight type, and I could still mostly get away with roll-stab-roll-stab-roll-stab to beat everyone. And if there wasn't room to roll, I'd just pull out the Zweihander and clobber everyone.

It'd be nice if there was some risk-reward mechanism for stamina when attacking, like perfectly executed combos returned all / some of your stamina used during the combo, and to maintain difficulty, you could just have bosses which, when attacking without using combos, could one shot your stamina in response. Dark Souls does this already, to some extent, but by forcing you to position yourself or use your shield correctly, which can make some of the bosses incredibly boring (Asylum Demon and the ilk).

#12 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 20:24

In the second Q&A video they say the combat is not changed to much if at all from Dark Souls. They focused more on the animations and making things feel more natural than changing the combat systems.

#13 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,768 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:58

The impression i got from that video was. More of the same. Which isn't a bad thing. I think this is what most of us were worried about when they announced that Hidetaka Miyazaki wouldn't return. We all thought the worst. Looking at it though, it still looks really unforgiving.

I just hope they keep the non-linear gameplay but make objectives more obvious and explain a bit more about the game mechanics.

#14 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• 2,837 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 12 April 2013 - 18:56

It could be better. I played a relatively chunky knight type, and I could still mostly get away with roll-stab-roll-stab-roll-stab to beat everyone. And if there wasn't room to roll, I'd just pull out the Zweihander and clobber everyone.

It'd be nice if there was some risk-reward mechanism for stamina when attacking, like perfectly executed combos returned all / some of your stamina used during the combo, and to maintain difficulty, you could just have bosses which, when attacking without using combos, could one shot your stamina in response. Dark Souls does this already, to some extent, but by forcing you to position yourself or use your shield correctly, which can make some of the bosses incredibly boring (Asylum Demon and the ilk).

This is pretty much the experience both of my friends had with the game. Patience makes it both not difficult and relatively boring.