Yoshida: "We hate to see all PS4 games being FPS"

I'm all for this. I've never been a Playstation guy but hopefully this evens out the industry, and I feel like it in a lot of ways they've saved it.

Gaming has changed so much from what I used to know. We're off platformers and fighting games and now it's yearly blockbuster games. Everything has DLC and THQ even went as far as to require separate purchases for used games.

Sony is saying that they are going to push for more diversity. They do have some top notch in studio developers in which they can help influence what type of games are released. As it stands right now, the PS3 is great for those who like games other than FPS. We have games like God of War, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, and plenty more that break the monotony of what gaming has become.

The thing is, all genres are fairly stagnant. Shooters just get the most flack because they are usually simpler in their actual mechanics/mode of play. Just because there may be more types of games doesn't immediately make them innovative or even good. Look at the PS2. It had thousands of kinds of games and 80% of it was crap. Same with the Wii. More != better, be it in volume, category, etc.

What about a Crash Bandicoot for PS4?

I say fantastic. I will be first in line to get the new machine, and so will other users who love the game.

Yes, but it also attracts plenty of stable people. The popularity attracts the bad crowd as much as the content.

Perhaps. But I don't think I've ever played MP without being called a ****** by someone whose voice is breaking. It's true on both platforms but for whatever reason 360 seems to be worse.

Perhaps. But I don't think I've ever played MP without being called a ****** by someone whose voice is breaking. It's true on both platforms but for whatever reason 360 seems to be worse.

I only play PC where 80% of the time people have their mics muted or there's no in game voice chat.

It's both a blessing and a...no, wait, still a blessing.

I do talk to my brother over it when we're not both here, but that's about it.

(Course there are games with open mic by default which you've got the laptop audio feedback problem with several people, but ugh.)

I never played 360 online, but my buddy used to say the same thing. He would play his roomates 360 and end up being called a dick, a hacker, etc by some 12 year old kids because he would destroy them. Then he got a PS3 and he said it was 100% different. People on the PS3 were more his age/older and never talked smack unless they were friends.

He used to get messages on 360 from kids saying they were going to eff his mom, because he was wrecking their kills:death ratios.

I never played 360 online, but my buddy used to say the same thing. He would play his roomates 360 and end up being called a dick, a hacker, etc by some 12 year old kids because he would destroy them. Then he got a PS3 and he said it was 100% different. People on the PS3 were more his age/older and never talked smack unless they were friends.

He used to get messages on 360 from kids saying they were going to eff his mom, because he was wrecking their kills:death ratios.

one wonders how that stuff gets past the people who report them. do people just not report them? I always wondered.

one wonders how that stuff gets past the people who report them. do people just not report them? I always wondered.

Not sure, he used to report them, but yea once he got his PS3 he stopped playing 360 unless he was purposely trying to make kids mad. Because he would just end up annoyed.

It's completely turned me off of MP altogether. Profanity doesn't bother me but one can only take so much bs before you just say eff it and stick to SP or handheld games.

• Like 2

I seem to recall it only being that bad with specific games, not the 360 in general. The moment I stopped playing CoD games was the moment 80% of the hatemail I got over live went away.

I seem to recall it only being that bad with specific games, not the 360 in general. The moment I stopped playing CoD games was the moment 80% of the hatemail I got over live went away.

Pretty sure it was COD:MW2 this was about 4-5 years ago.

Not sure, he used to report them, but yea once he got his PS3 he stopped playing 360 unless he was purposely trying to make kids mad. Because he would just end up annoyed.

The difference is that everyone who has a 360 has a mic. only the ones who has the cash and bothers to buy a BT headset for the PS3 has a mic on the PS3.

also the 360 doesn't force you to have voice chat on....

honestly though, I find the little whiney voice toddlers and their whining funny.