Is the Apple Ipod Nano 7th Generation stable?

My old 7 year old Ipod broke a month ago and I was looking for an inexpensive replacement without any bells and whistles...i.e. I just wanted an MP3 player and don't need all those fancy video and photo stuff. I bought the Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ since it was only $60 but my gosh, it freezes very often. So, after experiencing countless freezes, I've decided to return it and look for something a lot more stable. I see the Apple Ipod Nano 7th Gen is only $140 on Amazon. It's more than double the price of the Sandisk player, but hey, if it's stable, I'll pay the extra money.

This is the Ipod I'm looking to get:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Slate-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B0097BEDPG/ref=zg_bs_electronics_17

Before I make the purchase and end up experiencing unexpected headaches, I want some feedback. Is this a good, stable player??

Yes.

Let's face it, there is a reason the iPod has been such a success. Not only is it multifunctional, but it doesn't sacrifice the quality of the basic functions to provide you with the extra functions that you don't want to use. It does playlists, can repeat tracks and shuffle them, as well as having the Genius function on it. I'd say those are pretty good reasons to get one.

I've used many versions of iPods and never had a single one go wrong, had a few problems with iPhones but had the problems sorted by apple. I haven;t used the latest iPod you linked but I would guess it will be spot on for you.

I am FAR from an Apple zealot, I dislike some of their products (only saying this to show no bias)...

But the iPod has always been a rock-solid piece of kit. Yes they have their faults but as far as MP3 players go, they can't be touched really.

If you want something cheap and simple, take a look at the Sansa Clip+. I bought one a few years back for running, and I think I payed about $20 for it refurbished from Sansa. It has a slot for a MicroSD card, so it's easy to boost up the storage. It's nothing fancy, but it's always worked great for me.

Yeah, as far as MP3 players go the iPod unfortunately can't be beat, mostly because the companies that could compete don't want to as the market is diminishing. and the iPod already has the market due to dock connectors and such. What other MP3 player allows me proper database usage on my car stereo...

My GF's old Nano player broke and we replaced it with one of these. rock solid so far. I myself have the 6th gen or something with the clip and it's also rock slid.

I'm not much of an Apple fan, but have always loved iPod Nanos and Shuffles. I had 3 different generations of the iPod Nano.

It's been awhile since I've had one now, in fact I haven't even owned the last 2 generation Nano, as cellphones do the trick these days.

I do miss em in a way, as they are an excellent product. Can't go wrong with an iPod. I would never own an iPhone though.

I wouldn't pay that much just for a nano. Dont let the sandisk put you off a cheaper option. If you just playing music an nothing else, there are much cheaper options that will do the job - with needing itunes, the inflated pricetag and without freezing of course.

Maybe you just got a dud sandisk? Ive used countless mp3 players throught the years ranginf from $20 no name chinese ones to my current 5th gen ipod touch and have had barely any problems.

Why get a nano? You can get a small android phone for less than that and you can listen to your music on it aswell as phone calls etc. Sansa clip is way cheaper too.

My old 7 year old Ipod broke a month ago and I was looking for an inexpensive replacement without any bells and whistles...i.e. I just wanted an MP3 player and don't need all those fancy video and photo stuff. I bought the Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ since it was only $60 but my gosh, it freezes very often. So, after experiencing countless freezes, I've decided to return it and look for something a lot more stable. I see the Apple Ipod Nano 7th Gen is only $140 on Amazon. It's more than double the price of the Sandisk player, but hey, if it's stable, I'll pay the extra money.

This is the Ipod I'm looking to get:

http://www.amazon.co..._electronics_17

Before I make the purchase and end up experiencing unexpected headaches, I want some feedback. Is this a good, stable player??

Which iPod model was it? You may still be able to get it replaced/repaired (depends if it's gone vintage or not yet) - the older iPods use a much better audio chip and tend to sound much better.

If you PM me the serial number I can check for you :).

Why get a nano? You can get a small android phone for less than that and you can listen to your music on it aswell as phone calls etc. Sansa clip is way cheaper too.

An android phone for the price of a Nano will be slow, clunky. Better getting something that's designed for music rather than something that has it as just another feature.

Why would anyone need an mp3 player in this day and age when every phone nowadays has built in mp3 playback functionality. Never owned an ipod, or any other Apple product. Just can't digest how they blatantly rip you off. I mean $140 for just an mp3 player that probably didn't even cost them $50 to mass produce, plus all the premium when you buy music off itunes. No thanks, I'm better of getting a phone for half that price.

Used to own this Chinese ipod knock off called the xpod nano which I got for $12 for 8gb flavor and boy did it serve me well. I'm no audiophile but sound quality was pretty good even with the bundled headphones. It had equalizer presets, lyric viewer, FM radio etc. plus I could hook it up to the car or any stereo with aux in. Battery started working up after two years of abuse but by then I had a phone that could do the same and more.

Which iPod model was it? You may still be able to get it replaced/repaired (depends if it's gone vintage or not yet) - the older iPods use a much better audio chip and tend to sound much better.

It's the Ipod Video, the first Ipod video model. It's very old. In fact, it's a bit nicked because I opened it up a few times to replace the battery, which is why it lasted me as long as 7 years. :D

It's amazing how Apple is the only brand that can make mp3 players right. You'd think a reputable company like SanDisk would be able to manufacture a stable audio player. It's amazing how bad quality control is these days.

Yes.

Let's face it, there is a reason the iPod has been such a success. Not only is it multifunctional, but it doesn't sacrifice the quality of the basic functions to provide you with the extra functions that you don't want to use. It does playlists, can repeat tracks and shuffle them, as well as having the Genius function on it. I'd say those are pretty good reasons to get one.

Those are features every MP3 player practically does (minus the Genius feature). The huge downside to any iPod player is iTunes, no storage expandability, expensive, not great sound quality to real DAP's (like Cowon).

I just use a Sansa Clip+ 8 GB, 32 GB microSD, Rockbox, and it's an excellent portable player/car player.

I just use a Sansa Clip+ 8 GB, 32 GB microSD, Rockbox, and it's an excellent portable player/car player.

Very ironic how SanDisk can make their Clips stable, but not their Fuze players.