9 posts in this topic

Posted

May 14-19

The 1967 Ford Mustang GT500 "Eleanor" from "Gone in 60 Seconds" will be auctioned in May at the Dana Mecum 26thOriginal Spring Classic Auction in Indianapolis.

For the 2000's blockbuster hit movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" eleven cars were made but only three of them were actually working cars, while another two were completely destroyed during filming. As you would imagine, none of them were original Shelbys as the replicas were based on custom Ford Mustang fastbacks.

These cars were manufactured by Cinema Vehicle Services in collaboration with well-known coachbuilder Chip Foose. The cars feature bespoke hood and trunk, centrally-mounted driving lights, wider fender flares and a V8 5.7-liter crate engine producing 400 bhp (298 kW).

Bundled with the car is a certificate of authenticity and a special plaque which has Eleanor's VIN. This particular car is offered by a private owner and chances are it will be sold for more than 100,000 USD.

2034017619302991132.jpg

124167235418851062.jpg

13999801901463310986.jpg

1206983041326253904.jpg

Posted

That is a nice looking car.

Posted

*drools* that movie brings back many good memories. :shiftyninja:

1 person likes this

Posted

I am not big on muscle cars, I am not big on any cars to be honest, I just never had a lot of money to put towards one and neither did my parents growing up so we never had a new car, always used, so I have always just viewed them as a tool needed out of necessity, but damn, that is a nice looking car indeed.

Posted

I'd love that car...

Posted

Hated the film, but loved the car!

Posted

Sorry, I clicked thinking it was the proper Eleanor, not the one from the remake.

1 person likes this

Posted

Silver is a boring colour to me, I would rather the Fastback from Bullitt.

2 people like this

Posted

One of the few movies with Nic Cage I can stand. And for this reason. What a nice car. Wish I could have it.