Worst PC sales drop in history

I know our company just moved to Windows 7 this last year from XP. Windows 8 isn't to blame but it sure doesn't motivate or encourage IT departments to upgrade because Windows 8 just doesn't seem to impress the business sector. We are seeing a change in our culture with mobile technology like never before. PC's traditionally for our workforce have been laptop computers. We our continuing to develop and improve in the wireless technology and at the same time laterally moving towards tablets. This is no surprise.

I know our company just moved to Windows 7 this last year from XP. Windows 8 isn't to blame but it sure doesn't motivate or encourage IT departments to upgrade because Windows 8 just doesn't seem to impress the business sector. We are seeing a change in our culture with mobile technology like never before. PC's traditionally for our workforce have been laptop computers. We our continuing to develop and improve in the wireless technology and at the same time laterally moving towards tablets. This is no surprise.

Good post. Another interesting tidbit, executives who we've now given Surface Pros to, are interested in using them, as laptop replacements. However, all balked at replacing their desktops even though they are mobile most of the time. The qualities that make a mobile device desirable on-the-go, make them ergonomically undesirable on the desktop. All preferred iPads to Surface RTs, but they are accepting the Pros.

The software requirements are now not competing with hardware advances.

What i mean is, my i920 and 6Gb RAM that has 4 years now or almost, can perfectly run any game. I have it OC?ed @3.60 and i just bought an used GTX560. I also changed the Hard-Drive and went to SSD of course. The differences are amazing and well worth the upgrade. The core is the same. I spent money in a good corsair power back then to make sure the heart of the PC lasted, and went with ASUS for the MB.

Why on earth anyone needs to upgrade from this in the next years. PC?s components are better made now than it were before.

Apart from everything i just said, Windows8 is still a fail, i upgraded and reverted to Windows7. Sorry MS i dont use or buy you Beta-Software than comes every 2 versions. Sorry.