Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
franksm01

Microsoft to block Live accounts from Windows Blue pirates

14 posts in this topic

Microsoft might be blocking Windows Live accounts of users who install the leaked and pirated version of Windows Blue. An usually well-informed user of the Russian Soft.ws forum has stated this in a forum post. Windows Live accounts give access to Hotmail and Outlook mail, Xbox Live achievements, Skydrive and other Microsoft services.

myce-windows-blue-samsung-670x376.png

It can also be used to login to Windows Phone and Microsoft?s latest operating system, Window 8. This OS will receive an update this year called Windows Blue of which a leaked version has become available on the internet.

When users install the leaked Windows Blue and use a Microsoft Live account during the installation, they risk a blocked account. The Russian forum member mentions that as Windows Blue was not meant for public use, Microsoft has seen an excess number of activation attempts from different Windows Live accounts and has therefor started to block them. Earlier we reported how an user lost access to all Microsoft services by uploading data to a private folder on Skydrive, which according to Microsoft was against their terms.

http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-to-block-live-accounts-from-windows-blue-pirates-66629/

**** hit the fan yet?

I am not sure if I can take this seriously. It has been somewhat of a sport to download early MS leaks and play with them .. ever since ... forever.

Would MS shoot themselves in foot like this?

Better to be safe than sorry... It wouldn't surprise me if they did it just to make an example, and show how they would rather these leaks didn't happen.

Who wants to actually use their MS account on an alpha/pre-milestone leak anyways? You should be running that in a VM.

No way. They might be blocked from using their accounts to log in to possible future leaks of Windows Blue, but they will never, ever block the account. Microsoft has never taken action against users of leaked builds before, if they do that now the internet community would be outraged.

No way. They might be blocked from using their accounts to log in to possible future leaks of Windows Blue, but they will never, ever block the account. Microsoft has never taken action against users of leaked builds before, if they do that now the internet community would be outraged.

That's what I was thinking, this would be going too far and actually violate MS's terms of service.

Or you could not pirate an unreleased copy of the OS and try to use it with your live account. Just saying.

I really want proper confirmation on this.

Critics should have more love for the Darwinism here. If someone is really so magnificently stupid as to torrent a pirated build of an unreleased OS and then log into their personal account with it, give them what they deserve.

1 person likes this

Or you could not pirate an unreleased copy of the OS and try to use it with your live account. Just saying.

Critics should have more love for the Darwinism here. If someone is really so magnificently stupid as to torrent a pirated build of an unreleased OS and then log into their personal account with it, give them what they deserve.

Yeah pretty much this lol...you're just telling the company that you "pirated" their private / confidential software. It's like stealing a car and then going to the DMV to register it under your name.

Microsoft may not have cared too much about it in the past but that doesn't mean you should start giving them all your information when installing leaked builds...

If true: way to hurt your loyal fan base.

Why would anyone use their real/primary account to login to a pirated, leaked build of windows? Fools.

I really want proper confirmation on this.

Then give it a go and report back? :p

Then give it a go and report back? :p

I will personally hunt down the alleged victim of this affair and put him on public display with an hour long interview, detailing his intimate feelings towards his MS account. ;)