Posted

Being the world

Posted

initially formed by Microsoft

That's basically all you need to know.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's basically all you need to know.

I find it hilarious that Microsoft and others formed a group specifically to go after and destroy Google. I guess getting ahead now doesnt rely on proper marketing and creating good products. Its getting just as bad as politics...if not worse.

Posted

One of their complaints is that Google is giving away Android for free, and they can't compete with that. So what's the EU supposed to do, make Google re-license the Linux kernel under a proprietary licence and start charging for it?

Posted

I find it hilarious that Microsoft and others formed a group specifically to go after and destroy Google. I guess getting ahead now doesnt rely on proper marketing and creating good products. Its getting just as bad as politics...if not worse.

You make it sound as if Google have never teamed up with other companies to complain to the EU about Microsoft's practices.

1 person likes this

Posted

What does this have to do with quality of bing as a product? Google has done exact same thing to Microsoft a multiple times in the past, I guess Chrome must be a pretty bad browser or Google desktop search must have been horrible.

Posted

You make it sound as if Google have never teamed up with other companies to complain to the EU about Microsoft's practices.

So, Google formed a whole organization specifically to go after Microsoft? There is a difference between complaining and forming a whole group with the sole purpose of taking out Google. Look at FairSearch website...All about Google.

What does this have to do with quality of bing as a product?

If Bing was as great as MS claims it to be, and better than Google, then it should sell itself just like many things have in the past. There was a time when these kind of tactics didnt exist, or were rarely heard of, and product sales relied on how well the product worked and showing the consumers why it is better than the competition. Now it seems that whoever is the underdog, they will use tactics like this to try and gain an edge.