Need for Speed: Underground reboot rumoured

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 OP Victor Rambo

Victor Rambo

Neowinian Senior

• 6,567 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:32

I never played the full game but I remember this awesome song in NFS Underground demo. :D

I played and finished NFS U2 though. Awesome game and has great OST.

#17 _BeanZ_

_BeanZ_

Neowinian

• 724 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:06

Although the "underground" part looks like some graphic font instead of an actual logo - repeating letters have the same style - so I'll have my doubts.

Exactly. Not a chance of it being real; why would they use a font containing real-world landmarks?

#18 cleverclogs

cleverclogs

Neowinian

• 938 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:10

Ah I LOVED NFSU and U2

#19 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:38

If this is true I hope Criterion does a better job this time around. Cause Most Wanted just felt like a prettier but much(MUCH) less fun version of burnout paradise which made it pretty crappy.

#20 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,664 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:47

I just hope they bring back the customizations like in the original NFS Underground games.
Those were the game, adding stereo equipment/speakers in the trunk, neon lights, hydraulics, etc. etc.
Without all that, it's just another racing game.

#21 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• 2,574 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:51

I don't know about you guys, but they need to extend and add more custom to another Carbon. ;)

#22 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:06

They will. In 2015-16, right after Shift 3 :laugh:

Carbon was a pretty crap (like, uninspired) game, though. Except if you mean muscle cars with their extremely boat-like handling that all too often made me lose races and get busted, but was hell of a fun to drive and powerslide around corners. Also, chop the roof just a little, chrome-paint classic-looking rims, yep, they need to bring that back.

#23 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• 2,574 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:15

They will. In 2015-16, right after Shift 3 :laugh:

Carbon was a pretty crap (like, uninspired) game, though. Except if you mean muscle cars with their extremely boat-like handling that all too often made me lose races and get busted, but was hell of a fun to drive and powerslide around corners. Also, chop the roof just a little, chrome-paint classic-looking rims, yep, they need to bring that back.

I can totally relate with the muscle cars, my favorite was my custom HEMI CUDA and it was only great for drifting, I really did score a million with it! :D The best car to go with in long races are the Corvette and cars like the Audi in Canyons, obviously.

They need to bring more excitement into those kinds of games. We need a game that can be so street, but so pro at the same time! Not like Pro Street, holy crap, how did I get there?

#24 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,437 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 00:44

Hope this is true, Underground was my favorite, followed by the original NFS:MW. I'd get this if it didn't start @ $60.

#25 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,277 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:11

I kinda wish Criterion was willing to try something different instead of just remaking old properties. Maybe in PS4 land and beyond that they'll feel comfortable doing it...we'll see.

Remake after remake after remake gets a little tiresome. Even endless sequels can be better than that.

#26 _BeanZ_

_BeanZ_

Neowinian

• 724 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 13:42

For anyone that actually still thinks this is true...

https://twitter.com/...632944776802304

#27 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,437 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 13:55

I kinda wish Criterion was willing to try something different instead of just remaking old properties. Maybe in PS4 land and beyond that they'll feel comfortable doing it...we'll see.

Remake after remake after remake gets a little tiresome. Even endless sequels can be better than that.

For anyone that actually still thinks this is true...

https://twitter.com/...632944776802304

Well there we have it, might as well lock the thread lol

#28 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,277 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 13:59

sweet

#29 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,705 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 14 April 2013 - 15:28

It saddens me when people think NFSU is classic NFS and the best NFS....

#30 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• 2,783 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 14 April 2013 - 15:50

The trouble with Criterion Games is that they might as well call this game and every other NFS game they have done, Burnout [Insert Number or catchy street racing name here!]

They all look and feel exactly the same and it's just not NFS without the half decent story. Personally I feel that the original NFS: Most Wanted is still the last best NFS game to date. The last MW just felt repetitive and got boring very quickly. I still to this day don't understand how a standard Police Cruiser could keep up with me in a chase when I was driving an Ariel Atom! I can still pick up the original Most Wanted and be more immersed by the story line and gameplay than ANY of the NFS games released since!

Definitely hope EA take a different view to this game than simply more of the same boring-ness with a different name, updated cars and no storyline. Heck, even the last proper official Burnout (Paradise) was better than any of Criterion's NFS games! I'd say bring back Black Box, but even their games have been lacklustre since Most Wanted.

Just my opinion!