• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,691 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 14 April 2013 - 16:15

There's a few very annoying things about the new MW. one being how hard it is to get rid of the cops. it's just plain unrealistic. and of course the annoying crash cam, the lack of a reset to road, so if you get pushed onto a side road you've already lost. meanwhile, if the AI gets pushed off, they magically reappear on the road. There's a few others to. It's a fun game, but it's got some real annoyances.

#32 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 16:25

There's a few very annoying things about the new MW. one being how hard it is to get rid of the cops. it's just plain unrealistic. and of course the annoying crash cam, the lack of a reset to road, so if you get pushed onto a side road you've already lost. meanwhile, if the AI gets pushed off, they magically reappear on the road. There's a few others to. It's a fun game, but it's got some real annoyances.

It's actually pretty easy to get rid of the cops most of the time unless you're in a cheapass car or keep crashing. The problem I have is that the police chase events make it so you have to find the right path to get away from all of them properly and it takes ages. Those are the only thing I can't stand in the game.

Haven't done anything with the new area in the DLC yet, but I'll check it out soon.

#33 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 16:56

Before the new MW we had "backup arrives in" counter. With some luck, one could disable all those that are currently in pursuit and then hide or escape into sunrise before that counter hit zero. In the new MW you can ram them all you want - new units will spawn behind the next corner indefinitely.

#34 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,347 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:04

Hmmm... Underground wasn't exactly my favourite but it was the first NFS I got into.

IF HOWEVER they turn this into another glorified Burnout then I'm completely done with Criteron's remakes.

#35 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,540 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:17

If it's as good as underground 2, I'm sold
(Off topic I do wish Most Wanted would allow police chases in multiplayer <from time to time>)

#36 PsychD

PsychD

Neowinian

• 103 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:32

One of the most irritating things things in the new MW is the horrible way they have implented DLC.
I find them way to expensive for what they offer, so I haven't bought any of them, which results in me driving around finding a good looking car only to get a "BUY OUR DLC!"-message when trying to switch. The lack of mod support didn't impress me either, I haven't touched many of the newer NFS, but it was awesome to be able download the newest cars all the time free of charge.
Besides that they need to do something about the driving, I do realise it's arcade, but it feels boring when there's no challenge at all.
And as far as the police go in the MW remake, the AI was horrible and the chases were bland.
Now I just hope that a NFSU remake can prove to be the revival the series need.

#37 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,072 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:41

Need for Speed Underground: A Criterion Game

So it's an instant NO BUY for me. I will not repeat the same mistake I did last November.

Criterion Studios make total utter repetitive POS games.
I rather play NFSU2 and watch beautiful breasts of Brooke Burke as painted slides.

On the other hand I wish they remake NFS4 High Stakes. I had so much fun in those high stakes duel races. The music, the scenery...not to forget free DLC cars... it was flawless

#38 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,664 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 14 April 2013 - 17:46

I don't know about you guys, but they need to extend and add more custom to another Carbon. ;)

Sounds good to me.

#39 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,276 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 22:08

http://www.shacknews...ints-at-new-non
I know it was partly mentioned already, but apparently they are not doing a remake or a Burnout/NFS game at all.

#40 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 22:29

Posted Image