Retro 1998 Dell Inspiron 7000

I have a extremely old vintage 1998 Dell Inspiron laptop that I received for free. I recently put Windows XP pro to try to sell it for like $15 but with little luck. Do you think I should put Windows 98 on it and sell it for nostalgia or keep XP on it? Its a pretty well made old laptop for a dell!

Its too old obviously for anyone to use, other than word processing! I am just asking whether I should restore the Dell Inspiron 7000 to the way it was in 98 or keep XP on it! People do collect old pcs for nostalgia!

dude send it to me. lol. donate it I'd say. too much hassle. sorry, I'm mobile.

I have a extremely old vintage 1998 Dell Inspiron laptop that I received for free. I recently put Windows XP pro to try to sell it for like $15 but with little luck. Do you think I should put Windows 98 on it and sell it for nostalgia or keep XP on it? Its a pretty well made old laptop for a dell!

1998 is not vintage.... 1978 maybe,,,,

It has ATI Rage Pro LT graphics and I believe that was pretty good back in the day for a laptop. BTW, I enjoy collecting old pcs! I might keep it and maybe sell in 10 years, then it will be 25 years old :D

1998 is not vintage.... 1978 maybe,,,,

As far as computers/tech is concerned...15yrs is definitely vintage.

• Like 2

As far as computers/tech is concerned...15yrs is definitely vintage.

Vintage would be 50's maybe stretched to the home PC boom of the early 80's

Its really defined by old tech that readily fetches the same or more money than it originally cost (taking into account inflation.)

I think a pc:

15 Years old is: Old

20+ Years old is: Vintage

40+ Years old is: Antique

50+ Years old is: Archaic and an antique