glendale tranquilized angeles national forest habitat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 00:00

GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- Residents were told to stay indoors, as a mountain lion roamed a Glendale neighborhood on Thursday afternoon.

The big cat was first spotted at a Glendale park in the 4000 block of New York Street at 2:13 p.m. The mountain lion, estimated to be about 120 pounds, then wandered into a residential area, jumping from yard to yard.

"I have a sliding glass door in our patio, and there he is, looking in on me, and my dog Max, he goes crazy. He's hitting the sliding glass door, and the cat isn't moving. They're face to face," said John Yankosky of La Crescenta.

California Department of Fish and Wildlife wardens tranquilized the male cat, but it kept moving. The mountain lion crawled under a wooden patio. Officers were able tranquilize him again and remove him from the area. Wardens drove him to Angeles National Forest to release him back into the habitat.

Officials believe the mountain lion came down a wash that runs from the mountains down through the city.

source & video

#2 devn00b

devn00b

Bong On

• 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 00:07

Damn I clicked expecting to see a picture of my mother in law.

Thanks for the let down hum.

:D

#3 CrashGordon

CrashGordon

The Perfect Threesome: Lime, Salt & Tequila

• 5,283 posts
  • Phone: Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV through a Fender Rumble 150. Can ya hear me now?

Posted 13 April 2013 - 00:38

"I have a sliding glass door in our patio, and there he is, looking in on me, and my dog Max, he goes crazy. He's hitting the sliding glass door, and the cat isn't moving. They're face to face,"

Of course it isn't moving, it's thinking I see a appetizer and a entrée in front of me, now how do I get to it. :D

At least they didn't kill it, just relocated it.

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:11

No tour of Disneyland first .... ? :(

#5 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:34

California Department of Fish and Wildlife wardens tranquilized the male cat, but it kept moving. The mountain lion crawled under a wooden patio. Officers were able tranquilize him again and remove him from the area.

That's one bad cat.

#6 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:36

I was expecting some kind of never before seen creature because of the use of the word beast. Not a mountain lion. I feel let down.

#7 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,559 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:39

My first thought was....My ex-wife moved to California?