Open Virtual Appliances and Hyper-V?

I've been starting to take a look at virtual appliances, and particularly, those in the OVA format supported by vmWare and Oracle. My question has to do with Hyper-V - does it also support importing OVA-format appliances?

System Center 2012 can, I don't have my workstation here to check if Windows 8 import does it.. i'll be home in a little bit to check my Azure images too

I'd quite frankly be surprised if Windows 8 could NOT do it, since the two products are identical except for Windows 8 having higher requirements.

Windows 8 (and Blue) require support for slat/EPT in the CPU - while Windows Server supports it, it does not require it. (That is, in fact, why I dual-boot with Windows Server 2012 Standard - while my Q6600 runs Windows 8 otherwise just fine, it can't run Hyper-V due to lack of SLAT/EPT support.)

I'd quite frankly be surprised if Windows 8 could NOT do it, since the two products are identical except for Windows 8 having higher requirements.

Windows 8 (and Blue) require support for slat/EPT in the CPU - while Windows Server supports it, it does not require it. (That is, in fact, why I dual-boot with Windows Server 2012 Standard - while my Q6600 runs Windows 8 otherwise just fine, it can't run Hyper-V due to lack of SLAT/EPT support.)