1993 vs 2013

The PDA in the first picture is just as capable of replacing the laptop as the phone in the second picture.

lol Uhh no, did you ever use a PDA from 1993? If your statement was true, then by now Laptops would be non-existent.

1993 looks more interesting simply because it was during a time where there were all these technological advancements aimed at the consumers where one could really wonder about endless possibilities. it's a lifestyle now

1993 was 20 years ago.. wouldn't surprise me if some of the posters in this thread weren't even born yet. Gawd now I feel ancient. The Polaroids were kinda fun, still got a working One Step somewhere.. now if only I had a time traveling DeLorean so I could get film for it.

Scary to think 93 was my first year of college, and I did not even own a personal computer yet at home besides a much older Commodore 64. I did not have an email address until a few years out of college actually. I am sure they existed prior to that, but for a middle class family from NJ, a PC at that time was a luxury item, not (almost) a necessity as they are now.

Also whose image is this? Okay to post it on social networks and get it out there?

Also whose image is this? Okay to post it on social networks and get it out there?

I found it on reddit - should be ok to post on social networks.

ttY8mWrl.jpg

*cough*

Bootnote: no, I'm not, in fact, serious about this.

Funny how some people think desktops like that is as effective and easy to use as a launcher as the start screen.

Funny how some people think desktops like that is as effective and easy to use as a launcher as the start screen.

My neighbor's Win 7 desktop is like this.. the OCD half of me wants to beat him over the head with his monitor. His reasoning.. takes him too long to type 2 or 3 characters in the search box. (Versus the 20 minutes looking through that mess.)

I think the Microsoft design team learned design from 1990s textbooks when they designed the startscreen :woot:. Microsoft should have at least added a start screen photo background option and a scaling option too! The start screen looks like its straight out of the late 90s!

Yes, it is funny how not everyone uses a computer the same way you do.

The All Apps view is akin to how some people have their Desktops setup, but lacks basic functions such as folders, multiple selections and a context menu that doesn't require moving my eyes and the mouse cursor away for the thing I'm working with.

If I want to pin 10 things from this view (or the Search Results view) to the Start Screen it's a huge pain, as is getting into this view in the first place.

post-27111-0-92758200-1365957050.png

Did I already tell you I'm not serious about that? Good. For the moment there I thought I didn't. Right. Off I go then...

no one took you seriously. just commented on the people that actually use desktops like that :)