Explosion at Boston Marathon *NSFW IMAGES*

There's a clear sequential connection there. These laws are enacted after the acts of terror, never before.

Correlation is not causation. Politicians from both sides of the spectrum frequently use tragedies to push a political agenda but that doesn't mean they are responsible for the attacks themselves.

We had a similar law enacted in Australia, and swathes of it was struck down by the high court.

I'd like to have thought the US would have rescinded some of this legislation, but it hasn't happened :(

Why would they? Keeping people "safe" is big business.

Correlation != Causation.

Correlation != Time sequence analysis

Learn2Logic

Learn2?ompherend

See, I'm fluent at 1337 speak too. Want to go back to normal human-level dialogue now?

Correlation is not causation.

I'm quite aware of it and I never mentioned either of those.

I merely pointed to the most simplistic temporal order.

• Like 2

^ Well, actually, you spelt "comprehend" wrong, but eh, who cares? Could you guys please get back on topic and leave the conspiracy nonsense for the appropriate forum section?

Thanks.

This was just sickening, I had friends and co workers working about 2 blocks from the incident, some where out on their lunch break watching the marathon, was glad to hear everything is ok.

It seems the NYPost has backed down from its earlier claim that 12 people were killed and it turns out the Saudi suspect they focused on was never arrested, he was only a person of interest (simply because he ran away from the explosion after it occurred). Unfortunately it's not surprising to see such reckless disregard for truth and accuracy, especially considering it is owned by News Corporation.

I was there. Luckily, I had finished before and was a few blocks away.

The eerie thing was that we had a moment of silence at the pre-race gathering in Hopkinton just a half hour before the first wave went off for the Newton shootings.

I'm personally still in shock.

There's been reports of police raiding an apartment and also possibly looking at someone in surveillance video carrying multiple backpacks.

The eerie thing was that we had a moment of silence at the pre-race gathering in Hopkinton just a half hour before the first wave went off for the Newton shootings.

I am glad to hear that you are unharmed. :)

There's been reports of police raiding an apartment and also possibly looking at someone in surveillance video carrying multiple backpacks.

They apparently raided the apartment of the Saudi man in custody, even though the only evidence made public is that somebody saw him running away from the explosion (as many others did) and tackled him to the ground. At this point it would seem racial profiling is more likely than anything else.

^ Do people REALLY think the people responsible for this would be dumb enough to do that?

Odds are they used either timers, or cell phone triggers, and were safely at home watching the events unfold on TV.

Glad you're ok! I have lots of friends in the Boston area, but all of them were working. I grew up in the town over from Hopkinton, and it's a very nice area. Still very shocked here

^ Do people REALLY think the people responsible for this would be dumb enough to do that?

Odds are they used either timers, or cell phone triggers, and were safely at home watching the events unfold on TV.

Or planning/conspiring their next vile act... :(

They apparently raided the apartment of the Saudi man in custody, even though the only evidence made public is that somebody saw him running away from the explosion (as many others did) and tackled him to the ground. At this point it would seem racial profiling is more likely than anything else.

unfortunately, while racial profiling is racist and all that crap. it is a useful tool and cops and security personnel use it among other tools because that's the way the world works. granted it's because of artificial social manipulations of our own through the ages. It's wrong, it sucks, but it is what it is.

unfortunately, while racial profiling is racist and all that crap. it is a useful tool and cops and security personnel use it among other tools because that's the way the world works. granted it's because of artificial social manipulations of our own through the ages. It's wrong, it sucks, but it is what it is.

Racial profiling in Israel, seems to work there.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/sick-muslim-facebook-users-cheer-boston-bombings/

^this is just sick..^

Now they're looking for a White Van

Boston was battered but vigilant on Tuesday as an army of federal agents raced to find out who attacked the city?s historic marathon, leaving three dead and more than 100 injured amid a war zone of shattered glass and bomb debris on Patriots Day.

As of Tuesday morning, no persons or group had claimed credit for twin explosions at the finish line near Boston?s Copley Square. ThePakistani Taliban, a group that has threatened the United States in the past, denied participation, according to the Associated Press.

Law enforcement officials questioned an injured Saudi national at a local hospital, but news stories indicated that the individual appears to have no connection to the case. The Boston Globe reported that he was simply a frightened spectator who had tried to flee but was tackled and restrained by bystanders.

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-marathon-bombing-feds-raid-apartment-police-seek-111920615.html

Yesterday it was reported that police/FBI had recovered unexploded devices. Now today, they report that no other devices were found other than those that went off at the event?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BOSTON_MARATHON_EXPLOSIONS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-16-09-50-54

BOSTON (AP) -- Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick says no unexploded bombs were found at the Boston Marathon. He says the only explosives were the ones that went off Monday.

Three people were killed, including an 8-year-old boy, and more than 150 injured by two explosions just seconds apart near the finish line.

Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers says there are no known additional threats and agents are following a number of leads.

Police commissioner Ed Davis says it is the most complex crime scene in history of the department.

Authorities are looking for amateur video and photographic evidence that can give clues to who set off the bombs.

I know info changes, but didn't the news conference yesterday say that they had a total of 4(3?) devices?

Yesterday it was reported that police/FBI had recovered unexploded devices. Now today, they report that no other devices were found other than those that went off at the event?

http://hosted.ap.org...-04-16-09-50-54

I know info changes, but didn't the news conference yesterday say that they had a total of 4(3?) devices?

Never EVER rely on news coming out of an incident in real time, especially from the US news media. They don't bother to check sources and just repeat rumours as facts after adding their own distortions.

Chinese whispers.

• Like 2

Never EVER rely on news coming out of an incident in real time, especially from the US news media. They don't bother to check sources and just repeat rumours as facts after adding their own distortions.

I've come to realize that MSM just repeats what they hear from person A or Person B.

But didn't the news conference yesterday it was stated that they had 3 - 4 devices that had been found?

I've come to realize that MSM just repeats what they hear from person A or Person B.

But didn't the news conference yesterday it was stated that they had 3 - 4 devices that had been found?

No idea.. Several people were reporting things like that, but I didn't see it myself.