Explosion at Boston Marathon *NSFW IMAGES*

Is it possible that it was a leaking gas line that caused the explosion? I don't want to draw conclusions that someone intended to do this on purpose until evidence is shown.

No, there have been a couple of confirmed reports of 2 packages on the sidewalk. Actually in one of the videos you can see someone approach the packages right before it explodes, but they edited the video already. Also there are so many cameras around this area, whoever did it will be caught.

Is it possible that it was a leaking gas line that caused the explosion? I don't want to draw conclusions that someone intended to do this on purpose until evidence is shown.

apparently they have found ball bearings / buck shot..

Possible, yes, but not likely.

I think all news should be treated as rumor so far. Let's not spread panic. :(

Boston Police are telling people to stay away from trash cans. I think it is safe to say that confirms this was deliberate. By definition, if a bomb was left in trash cans, this is a terrorist attack.

Today is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung, NK's first Dear Leader.

Just sayin'.

I'm wondering if it was NK too. If it was, there could be bad times ahead.

I'm wondering if it was NK too. If it was, there could be bad times ahead.

Yeah, for North Korea... but it's stupid to speculate it was North Korea... this is likely the act of a loan person or a couple of persons.

Just saw this on Reddit. Don't know how legit it is but...

From radio scanner (most recent first):

"police are going to use a water cannon on boylson, you're gonna hear a loud controlled explosion of remaining bags by ground zero momentarily"

"all detectives on boylson make sure you have your tape recorders with you"

"Another possible incendiary device at UMass Library. Get it out on social media that people should get away from the area as soon as possible"

"At this time all victims are off the street"

"Stay off boylson until it has been swept"

"several suspect packages still up on boylson street"

"Plan: we're gonna get the victims out, sweep the street for other devices, then get people out of restaurants and bars"

To anyone now who thinks this was just a gas pipe I now believe you are wrong and it was indeed a bombing.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Boston Police are telling people to stay away from trash cans. I think it is safe to say that confirms this was deliberate. By definition, if a bomb was left in trash cans, this is a terrorist attack.

Pretty much.

Police have found an exploded device and will have a controlled explosion within one minute near 600 Boylston across from the Boston Public Library.

Do you believe it is the Taliban or another group? Is that info avalible yet?

Edit: Just throwing this out there: North Korea?

Judging by the scale, I'd say this was the work of someone else, and not a sanctioned attack by those groups. North Korea would never stoop to a terrorist attack. It's too small of an attack for something North Korea to do.

oi vey.. its not north korea

Yeah, for North Korea... but it's stupid to speculate it was North Korea... this is likely the act of a loan person or a couple of persons.

Judging by the scale, I'd say this was the work of someone else, and not a sanctioned attack by those groups.

I guess you guys are right. We need to wait for more information.

Apparently the Death Toll is now at 12.... This is horrifying.

I'm surprised at how quickly the death toll has risen, as it didn't look that serious from the initial coverage.

As for suspects, North Korea isn't even slightly credible and it's concerning that anyone would even suspect them. The most likely groups would be white supremacists or religious extremists (either Christian or Muslim), though we really should wait for more information.

"police are going to use a water cannon on boylson, you're gonna hear a loud controlled explosion of remaining bags by ground zero momentarily"

A water cannot wouldn't cause an explosion, unless it was being directed at a bomb.. so that was likely a third device.

Agreed. As sick as this incident is, it's too small of a terror act for intention of starting a war.

Let's all keep our cool until we know all the details.

That could just be a precautionary measure, warn people to clear the area and stay away from more potential bomb containers. Police will often give such warnings while an investigation is ongoing.

oi vey.. its not north korea

I think its a bit early to say with any certainty that NK is NOT involved, or do you have some special source of information on the investigation that no one else has perhaps?

IMO, we wait and see.

A water cannot wouldn't cause an explosion, unless it was being directed at a bomb.. so that was likely a third device.

:s

The cannon is used to either rip apart the device or to surpress an explosion.

As far as I'm concerned, yes, whomever is responsible, they're out to cause fear, which is the definition of a terror attack.

Doesn't matter what individual or group is responsible, it's a terrorist attack.

Could also been a possible gas line explosion? Too early to tell.

They will get to the bottom of it and will know within the next few days.

Don't want to jump to conclusions before we have any information.

Today is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung, NK's first Dear Leader.

Just sayin'.

If North Korea is behind it, Pyongyang will be on fire by the end of the week. Not likely though.

Could also been a possible gas line explosion? Too early to tell.

They will get to the bottom of it and will know within the next few days.

Don't want to jump to conclusions before we have any information.

That's why a bomb or some kind was also found at a library?

Also (NSFW)

http://i.imgur.com/k0W9PkF.jpg

Look at all that blood o.o.