Explosion at Boston Marathon *NSFW IMAGES*

White House: Obama to address the nation at 6:10PM ET.

HP: https://twitter.com/...915230746914816

Stuff on my twitter feed: Boston University police requesting assistance with unattended running vehicle in parking garage with Conn. plates.

Probably nothing, but worth a check ey!

Outside Whitehouse:

BH7AbRNCUAAkkP0.jpg

a university of mobile coach said it was odd that bomb sniffing dogs were at the start and finish lines before the explosions and the loudspeakers were pumping "it's only a drill"

http://www.local15tv...N8z6eSDJEA.cspx

I don't know how that matters? I was at the Pittsburgh Marathon last year, and they had bomb dogs out also, it's pretty much standard protocol now to continuously sweep areas

FOX is still reporting a "person of interest" in the hospital is under arrest..

This just in:

11130_502173433164872_536338352_n.jpg

Anyone else with military experience will notice what I did... it's the same tactic you use to take out a convoy.

Yup. That and AQ has an MO of stampeding people with the first bomb and attacking the survivors with the second one.

This just in:

11130_502173433164872_536338352_n.jpg

Anyone else with military experience will notice what I did... it's the same tactic

you use to take out a convoy.

trap the people in a kill zone. just like we were taught in the US ARMY about an ambush. establish a kill zone and lock it in from one end to the other, explosion #1 starts panic, people run toward #2 and they are locked in the kill zone so to speak

now my wife said they found device(s) at the kennedy library.. how did they know to look there????

Apparently the issues at the library wasn't related, it was a fire in their equipment room.

now my wife said they found device(s) at the kennedy library.. how did they know to look there????

because when something happens, the first thing you do is lockdown public places, the kennedy library is a public place..... it doesn't take much to find a device if you go into "Secure the public places" mode.... if it was a device, it appears to just be a unrelated fire

Yup. That and AQ has an MO of stampeding people with the first bomb and attacking the survivors with the second one.

For those of you without military training:

1. The first explosion takes out vehicle one or two, which also hurts vehicles behind by

causing them to crash into the hit vehicle, or stop and become an easier target.

2. The second explosion catches rear vehicles, and vehicles that hit reverse to move away

from the initial blast. (In this case, people running away from the first bomb.)

Being a marathon, with people instead of a convoy, you also get this at the finish line

because when the first runners get to the line, the by-standards will stand up and

converge to celebrate.

The point being... this was plotted with military precision. I'll be very surprised to hear some average

Joe put this together. (Bomb-making skills aside. I'm only talking about the execution of the plan.)

• Like 2

Apparently the issues at the library wasn't related, it was a fire in their equipment room.

yeah, they seem to be thinking they had a power related fire, its taken their website off and everything

For those of you without military training:

1. The first explosion takes out vehicle one or two, which also hurts vehicles behind by

causing them to crash into the hit vehicle, or stop and become an easier target.

2. The second explosion catches rear vehicles, and vehicles that hit reverse to move away

from the initial blast. (In this case, people running away from the first bomb.)

Being a marathon, with people instead of a convoy, you also get this at the finish line

because when the first runners get to the line, the by-standards will stand up and

converge to celebrate.

The point being... this was plotted with military precision. I'll be very surprised to hear some average

Joe put this together. (Bomb-making skills aside. I'm only talking about the execution of the plan.)

yep. both lead and rear vehicles are down and everyone is trapped in the middle for picking off.

CNN reporting that two unexploded devices have been found, via a Mass. Representative.

security failed BIG on this one.

how aren't there sweeps being done all throughout the event?

I don't blame "security" on this. You're talking about a relatively small force

trying to cover a HUGE area... to include trashcans and stuff. That's a LOT

to watch/search. As I said before, though, I do find it odd that no-one (the public)

saw anything. While the explosions weren't huge, they were big enough to suggest

a fairly odd package for someone to just be dumping off in trashcans.

(IE: Not a coffee cup or something)

security failed BIG on this one.

how aren't there sweeps being done all throughout the event?

Dogs are usually trained to find nitrates, the base of most explosives. The problem is not all explosives use nitrates. They can also use hydrogen peroxide and numerous other highly reactive chemicals.

You'd be shocked at what household, hardware store, drug store & kitchen items can be made into a bomb.

Anyone who's played a modern shooting game or read a Clancy book knows basic tactics for bombings :\

The internet isn't exactly devoid of such information either. Suggesting it's military precision is kind of pants..

There was an interview with the guy who's running alongside the man with his leg blown off in the wheel chair. Guy is thoroughly shell shocked and wearing a fair amount of blood.

Pretty rough in all :\