Explosion at Boston Marathon *NSFW IMAGES*

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#391 Kreuger

Kreuger

Neowin's Local Grouch

• 5,863 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:04

I dunno man. I mean, you don't think these people could be looking for their friends? Or possibly talking to them? And going through their bags is suspicious too? So if I left university with my textbooks in my bag (accounting for the weight) and I also had a bottle of water in there, I was digging for then I'd automatically be a suspect?

#392 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,790 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:10

Normally no, but in an area where bombings could or have occured be prepared because they've been used in bombings & shootings before. Deal with it or get your school to switch to eBooks.

#393 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:24

I dunno man. I mean, you don't think these people could be looking for their friends? Or possibly talking to them? And going through their bags is suspicious too? So if I left university with my textbooks in my bag (accounting for the weight) and I also had a bottle of water in there, I was digging for then I'd automatically be a suspect?

The marathon course is lined with people a) walking around and not stopping b) carrying bags and c) moving in and out of crowds to get to see the road.

So, yes, per amateur inter-sleuths, everyone is a suspect. But, it looks like the authorities have identified someone: http://www.boston.co...5GyO/story.html

#394 OP presence06

presence06

Neowinian Senior

• 3,608 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.1.2)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:33

Possible suspect? http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t2

[Original story, posted at 1:11 p.m. Wednesday]
(CNN) -- Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.

The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.

Earlier, a federal law enforcement source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told CNN that a lid to a pressure cooker thought to have been used in the bombings had been found on a roof of a building near the scene.

While such clues may move the investigation forward, they did not reveal whether the attack was an act of domestic or foreign terrorism.

#395 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:34

I know this is a serious topic, but I couldn't stop laughing after looking through that gallery thanks to this picture.

Posted Image

#396 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 18:00

Someone was apparently arrested

#397 OP presence06

presence06

Neowinian Senior

• 3,608 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.1.2)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 19:23

No Arrest yet. CNN is backing off the arrest claim I guess

#398 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,351 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 00:02

They got the Ricin letter guy anyone think its the same guy?

#399 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,327 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 00:06

They got the Ricin letter guy anyone think its the same guy?

No it's not the same person...

#400 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 00:10

I'd say in a case like this nearly everyone is a suspect until the real one is caught. I have no problem with that either.

#401 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 00:36

I'd say in a case like this nearly everyone is a suspect until the real one is caught. I have no problem with that either.

Yes, round up the usual suspects. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing the FBI has more common sense and restraint than the masses on the internets.