UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions

University of Mobile?s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

?

"They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise," Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15.

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

local15tv

It's not odd to have bomb sniffing dogs at a large public event - in fact that's exactly where you'd expect to see them deployed. If it was a government conspiracy then the last thing they'd do would be to draw attention to their plan by pre-emptively deploying sniffer dogs or running bomb defusal drills. Even if it was a conspiracy, why would they be at the start as well as the finish? The reality is that the start and finish are where most people congregate, which makes them the obvious targets.

Unfortunately some people have incredibly empty lives and need to make up all these conspiracy theories to give their life meaning.

• Like 3

Well it can be a different type of lobbying - war is a very profitable industry. But alas, that seems like having very little faith in US ...

I think that is better conspiracy theory.

Well it can be a different type of lobbying - war is a very profitable industry. But alas, that seems like having very little faith in US ...

I think that is better conspiracy theory.

Actually, I recently have come to understand a more nefarious reason for wars, Commodities. Land, oil, water, food... you name it.

deployment of dogs might be because the enforcers were tipped about incoming incident,

although the tip probably doesn't specify the detailed location of explosion would be.

he even said the day of 911, Norad was conducting a drill with the same exact scenario as what happened... now they were conducting a drill for a bomb threat the same day it actually happens.. what were the odds?

If this was a drill in parallel.. all those assets in place to prevent this from happening.. then someone must stand and answer for this if it were an innocuous and truly a "caught off guard" event.

But I don't want to speculate at this point.

added later. the report about the guy who saw the bomb crews, saw spotters on the roofs and noted that he has never seen such a presence before in the marathons he entered. so there had to have been at a minimum a credible threat and seems like they didn't do the proper thing to check the area. i mean moments after the explosions, my wife read an article whereby they found a device at the JFK library.. moments. how did they know to look at THAT exact location or the library period? unless they knew something...

common sense dictates that security should have been beefed up and the area closed off to allow only people who were checked and cleared by personnel. bah,, I could go on forever with "what if's".

I think it's more interesting what big media is saying

http://youtu.be/1Q0MmOWDogY

See, Janet Nap, even named right wingers, gun owners and anyone who doesn't fall into the realm of pro government are to be blamed Free PDF file

http://www.fas.org/i...t/rightwing.pdf

just found this... NY post http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

My first thought upon seeing this was "Oh no here we go with the conspiracy nuts making stuff up again"

Unfortunately some people have incredibly empty lives and need to make up all these conspiracy theories to give their life meaning.

For once I actually agree with you :p

Excuse my ignorance, but if it was in fact a Saudi, ( i realize there's different races) does anyone think it would open a door for the US to invade Saudi? If they see this event as an act of War?

I'm just asking, in all seriousness.

he even said the day of 911, Norad was conducting a drill with the same exact scenario as what happened... now they were conducting a drill for a bomb threat the same day it actually happens.. what were the odds?

Quite high considering these drills happen all the fricking time

Excuse my ignorance, but if it was in fact a Saudi, ( i realize there's different races) does anyone think it would open a door for the US to invade Saudi? If they see this event as an act of War?

I'm just asking, in all seriousness.

None what so ever. Saudi Arabia and the USA are fairly good friends.

None what so ever. Saudi Arabia and the USA are fairly good friends.

Also, Fox News ( yeah I know it's Fox News), just said that the Saudi guy is not considered a suspect.

Also, Fox News ( yeah I know it's Fox News), just said that the Saudi guy is not considered a suspect.

That's what I had heard too, but just thinking if in fact it turned out him or someone else of Saudi decent was behind it.

That's what I had heard too, but just thinking if in fact it turned out him or someone else of Saudi decent was behind it.

Weren't most of the attackers on 9/11 from Saudi Arabia?

They didn't attack then either

Indeed, yet it was Iraq and Afghanistan that were invaded. Go figure!

Indeed, yet it was Iraq and Afghanistan that were invaded. Go figure!

I didn't realize they were from Saudi Arabia. :pinch:

I didn't realize they were from Saudi Arabia. :pinch:

Yea, they were citizens of Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Egypt, where they were "from" is different though.

Most hadn't actually been in their birth country for ages, and received training in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan

It really boils down to the fact they werent representing any country at all..

• Like 2

Most hadn't actually been in their birth country for ages, and received training in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Indeed, yet Pakistan escaped invasion (it also happens to have nuclear weapons).

As much as I want to be up on all of this I am not all that knowledgeable in all of it. So thank you for informing me :D

Indeed, yet Pakistan escaped invasion (it also happens to have nuclear weapons).

Does the Pakistani government harbor and protect terrorist sects? That is what Afghanistan was doing and the premise for the war.

I don't even want to discuss Iraq (I never supported that war).

Muslim Brotherhood getting in on the conspiracy

A common criticism of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood has always been that it delivers one message in English to an international audience, and another message entirely in Arabic to its domestic audience. If anyone is ever looking for an example of this, they need to look no further than the Islamist organization's reaction to the bombing of the Boston Marathon.

In English, the Brotherhood's political party released a statement "categorically reject[ing] as intolerable the bombings committed in the U.S. city of Boston," and "offer[ing] heartfelt sympathies and solemn condolences to the American people and the families of the victims."

In Arabic, senior Brotherhood leader and the vice chairman of the group's political party Essam el-Erian took a different tack. In a post on his Facebook page, he condemned the Boston attack -- but also linked it to the French war in Mali, the destruction in Syria and Iraq, and faltering rapprochement between the Turkish government and Kurdish rebels.

El-Erian is making the case that all of these setbacks -- from Boston to Baghdad -- are somehow connected. "Who disturbed democratic transformations, despite the difficult transition from despotism, corruption, poverty, hatred, and intolerance to freedom, justice tolerance, development, human dignity, and social justice?" he asked. "Who planted Islamophobia through research, the press, and the media? Who funded the violence?"

El-Erian just poses those questions -- he doesn't accuse any specific group of masterminding the Boston Marathon attack or the unrest across the Middle East. But while Brotherhood leaders feel free to indulge in such conspiracy-mongering in Arabic, these claims are notably absent from the group's English-language media.

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/04/16/muslim_brotherhood_conspiracy_boston