• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 10,709 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 17 April 2013 - 23:34

The problem is that businesses and people aren't standing up for what is right. It doesn't matter whether other people are scared or concerned, people shouldn't be taken off the flight and detained simply for speaking a foreign language.

I'm not arguing that. It's still far from "Nazi Germany" though, and this stuff happens on a more frequent basis than you think, regardless of race as well.

Hell, I just got done watching a video of a guy being wrongfully arrested because he was carrying a firearm legally, while walking with his child. Bad training and bad business procedures will lead to stupid things like this happening. There isn't some national agenda going on though. If there was, well... it wouldn't matter anyway because our government wouldn't be capable of carrying it out successfully. :laugh:

#47 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,964 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 17 April 2013 - 23:41

I'm not arguing that. It's still far from "Nazi Germany" though, and this stuff happens on a more frequent basis than you think, regardless of race as well.

I don't disagree, but socially the US is becoming more radicalised and there are clear parallels with Nazi Germany. Numerous intellectuals have made that case.

#48 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,408 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 23:50

I don't disagree, but socially the US is becoming more radicalised and there are clear parallels with Nazi Germany. Numerous intellectuals have made that case.

The leading leftwing intellectual says this and that makes you on board with his thoughts on the us and fascism?

#49 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,964 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 23:56

The leading leftwing intellectual says this and that makes you on board with his thoughts on the us and fascism?

No, he is simply one of numerous sources that support what I have observed for myself.

#50 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,865 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 23:58

No, he is simply one of numerous sources that support what I have observed for myself.

You have observed this while in the US?

#51 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,964 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 00:07

You have observed this while in the US?

Through the corporate media, private media, forums, op-eds, YouTube channels, etc. Observed simply means "something one has seen, heard, or noticed" and does not require physical proximity to an event.

#52 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 00:13

It's probably an overreaction but things like this happen when something bad happens and everyone is tense and worried.

#53 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,865 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:31

Through the corporate media, private media, forums, op-eds, YouTube channels, etc. Observed simply means "something one has seen, heard, or noticed" and does not require physical proximity to an event.

So what you have observed is based solely on 2nd hand information or it could even be called hearsay in some cases. I realize we have to base our knowledge about Nazi Germany on the historical record, but basing your knowledge about America on some of the sources you listed does not seem to be sufficient to me to claim there are parallels with Germany. The times and circumstances are vastly different.

The US is becoming more radicalized, I will not disagree with that.

I cannot find any other sources for this story (at this time). I hope it is not true.

#54 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,569 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:32

I sense the extreme defensiveness so I'll stop right here. :)

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm not defending anything in particular, just trying to share what I've noticed... Has nothing to do with my personal thoughts. I'm not "extreme" anything :laugh: