durango xbox

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 Dutchie64

Dutchie64

Neowinian

• Phone: WP8.1

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:17

so.... so... the rumour is that the previous rumour.... is just a romour.....? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:22

You mean the ones where you can twist the d-pad and it raises or lowers the +? I've never actually used one of those.

Yeah - I don't have it either.

#18 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:26

I think I remember reading that BC on the 360 was pretty hit-and-miss. If BC is on the nextbox, I hope it is better implemented.

#19 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:27

I really doubt the backwards compatibility is true. Including what is basically the 360 hardware would jack up the price quite a bit. If they were to do that and force kinect upon you like other rumors have said they're pretty much setting themselves up to be the sony of this generation in terms of price and bleeding money.

#20 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:32

Funny hypocrites, you'll believe this rumour but the one that says always on is required is clearly false?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, well almost....

I guess this rumor just happened to slip by AB radar.

I think I remember reading that BC on the 360 was pretty hit-and-miss. If BC is on the nextbox, I hope it is better implemented.

well the BC onthe 360 was hit as long as the title was BC supported.

I really doubt the backwards compatibility is true. Including what is basically the 360 hardware would jack up the price quite a bit. If they were to do that and force kinect upon you like other rumors have said they're pretty much setting themselves up to be the sony of this generation in terms of price and bleeding money.

The difference is that MS can afford to bleed money, Sony couldn't and can't. I'm thinking that a 360 on a chip is a very small part of the price though.

#21 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:33

I'm not sure how I feel about the Nextbox running Windows 8. The Xbox TV sounds interesting, if true. I still hate Kinect, and I still hate the fact that it's required. Again, if the online-only rumor is true, I won't be getting the console all together.

Too bad Microsoft postponed their announcement for no reason. It would have been nice to know whether these things are true or not.

#22 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:37

Of course "Next Xbox" won't require you to be online to play games. That would be pants-on-head retarded, especially when the main competitor isn't doing it. Whether or not the source for this rumour is authentic, its claims are at least credible (while the previous ones were not).

#23 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:43

Although i have thought this all along, i will still wait for some solid evidence before breathing a sigh of relief.

#24 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:45

I think they were pretty much re-compiling games for 360 IIRC so BC was available as long as the game was re-compiled. (I might be completely wrong though)
I don't think 360 SoC will be cheap enough to be included as standard :/ it has to be an add on.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, well almost....

I guess this rumor just happened to slip by AB radar.

Surprise, surprise.

#25 vcfan

vcfan

Straight Ballin'

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:46

the xbox360 SoC already exists on the slim model. Its 45nm though. If the rumor is true,im guessing the die is shrunk even more.

#26 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 April 2013 - 17:47

I'm not sure how I feel about the Nextbox running Windows 8. The Xbox TV sounds interesting, if true. I still hate Kinect, and I still hate the fact that it's required. Again, if the online-only rumor is true, I won't be getting the console all together.

Too bad Microsoft postponed their announcement for no reason. It would have been nice to know whether these things are true or not.

My guess? Most likely will be binary compatible with WinRT and nothing more.

#27 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 17 April 2013 - 21:46

I have a life outside of Neowin, I don't exist to be anyones posting boy. You can probably buy one of them from Thailand if you are so inclined.

You damn better hope this is true, always online would be an awful awful decision.

#28 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 17 April 2013 - 22:07

I think they were pretty much re-compiling games for 360 IIRC so BC was available as long as the game was re-compiled. (I might be completely wrong though)
I don't think 360 SoC will be cheap enough to be included as standard :/ it has to be an add on.

Considering the vastly different CPU arch. between the original xbox and the 360...that's really the only viable way to do it. Unless you take the route of the nexbox and just include the last gen's SoC.

#29 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 17 April 2013 - 22:16

Just pointing out that this is the same way the PS3 originally did BC. Emotion engine was included in the original fat PS3's

#30 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:55

I have a life outside of Neowin, I don't exist to be anyones posting boy. You can probably buy one of them from Thailand if you are so inclined.

You damn better hope this is true, always online would be an awful awful decision.

Depends on what "always online" applies to. So far only the doomsayers have made the leap to overarching DRM. Otherwise it would make sense for certain features to require an online connection, say Netflix for example.