• 2,280 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 19:35

:boo:

#17 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,133 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 19:43

As a father, I allow a certain amount of privacy to my daughter. I don't invade her room, I don't rifle through her papers or laptop. However, if I am concerned about her well-being, I will talk to her. If I feel she is lying to me, I will invade said privacy.

You cannot simply let your children have full reign over their lives(they are children and don't know better).

That is how children end up with guns, killing people or themselves while the parents knew nothing of the situation.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:39

You cannot simply let your children have full reign over their lives(they are children and don't know better).

That is how children end up with guns, killing people or themselves while the parents knew nothing of the situation.

You are completely right.

#19 OP togermano

togermano

hot top for the bottoms

• 425 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 13:11

The only thing I didn't agree with was telling the girls mom I think they should of just left it alone who knows if the parents are crazy and are gonna beat her after

#20 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,699 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 13:50

As a father, I allow a certain amount of privacy to my daughter. I don't invade her room, I don't rifle through her papers or laptop. However, if I am concerned about her well-being, I will talk to her. If I feel she is lying to me, I will invade said privacy.

I agree. I do not go on purpose through my kids stuff but if I find them sneaking or lieing I will investigate further. Including going through emails, etc.

#21 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• 6,036 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 19 April 2013 - 15:25

I really don't get all of you, probably because I don't have any kids, but hey.

My mother (= 'my parents') never ever had access to any of my stuff. Everything I had was password secured, she never even asked (and that was the case from the first day we got a computer, when I was 11, 'till my 21st now). She never saw a single one of my texts, she never looked through the letters I got and she didn't try to control my life. I believe I turned out just fine, I'm one very independent, strong individual. The strongest signal you can give your children is showing that you trust them. If you've done your job right your children either won't do bad things or they'll feel bad about it themselves and they'll turn out fine anyway.

There's also a difference between someone who's 12 and someone who's 15 or 16. Heck, you guys let kids drive at 16 (wtf?) but you'd still go through their texts, emails, letters, ... and make a drama about the occasional sexytime? Please sort out your priorities.