CVG: Gran Turismo 6 reveal in a few weeks

As things stand right now, I'll probably give it a miss. I only played GT5 for a few hours, and now it only comes out when with friends.

Looks like im saving for a wheel finally!

It truly changes the experience so much. I picked up a Logitech GT Force I think it was for GT5, and it was just so much better of an experience. It got to the point I really could not play the game with a controller when I tried to do so, I was just so used to the wheel. It makes it a much more "real" experience. Just highly recommend it.

As far as the news. Bring it on. GT5 was actually the first Gran Turismo game I really got into, so I loved it.

It truly changes the experience so much. I picked up a Logitech GT Force I think it was for GT5, and it was just so much better of an experience. It got to the point I really could not play the game with a controller when I tried to do so, I was just so used to the wheel. It makes it a much more "real" experience. Just highly recommend it.

As far as the news. Bring it on. GT5 was actually the first Gran Turismo game I really got into, so I loved it.

Good to hear and it seems logitech are revamping all their game peripherals so i wonder if we'll see a new G27.

The Gran Turismo series is one of my true loves when it comes to a video game series so I am really looking forward to see the visuals of GT6.

I've never bought a wheel for the series due to not having enough room for one. I think I might have to 'make' room for one for GT6!

I basically bought every Playstation console for each version of Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo 5 was such a disappointment compared to Forza. So unless they make some pretty radical changes in this version, I doubt I'll return to the franchise :(

Sigh........... I don't think GT6 is really needed this generation as I don't see what much else they could add to GT6 bar some tracks and more premium cars to make it worth it this close to next generation, unless Sony has some cross-generation tricks up its sleeves.

It means it's going to be another 5 years before we see a next-generation version.

Will we need to wait 5 years to see it like with GT5?

All the assets PD were scanning for GT5 will most likely be in a much higher quality resolution than what was put into GT5. In other words "downsampled". I'm pretty sure for next-gen models they'll already have hundreds of cars ready to go.

GT6 is rumoured to be PS3 though, not PS4.

I played GT5 solidly for over a year.It was a love/hate relationship :rofl:

I'm interested to see what they've done to improve on GT5, but I suspect it will be little more than "GT5.5". Imo, it seemed clear that Turismo was as good as PD could possibly make it with their engine on this hardware. And as good as it is, there are obvious problems that couldn't be resolved - the prevalence of rolling starts because it couldn't handle all the cars at once on the grid springs instantly to mind, as does the terrible shadow effects. Considering the enormous gestation period for GT5, I can't see how things like this can really be changed in such a short period of time (but I would be pleasantly surprised if they have :) )

In all honesty I was hoping GT6 would appear on the next Playstation and take advantage of all the benefits of the new platform. I'll certainly be checking GT6 out, as I truly love the franchise, but I won't be spending my hard-earned unless there have been substantial changes to the game, not just cosmetic ones.