Gl*******s: New word to describe inconsiderate Google Glass users.

Obviously a word made up by people who never used Google Glass, those who don't like Google, or just uneducated immature people trying to be funny.

Its in the filter because after GL, its a swear word. The actual new "word" is not in the filter.

• Like 1

who never used Google Glass

That'd be six nines of the known universe

those who don't like Google

There's plenty of reasons

uneducated immature people trying to be funny

Education and maturity has nothing to do with this. It's simply rude and mocking, and as such appropriate for certain situations. Or else I'd say that your conclusion expresses narrow-minded fake-cultured upper-class snobism - that'd be about the same level of generalization.

Because Bruce Schneier, for instance, is obviously some uneducated, immature Googlehater clown.

https://www.schneier...e_glass_en.html

Now then. Some inconsiderete people should be disallowed to use any mobile devices at all. For example, talking loud on their BT headsets (which Glass is, among other things, and so we'll see that sort of people aplenty), often discussing private matters I'd rather not hear from anyone, while on the street or commuting, or talking on their phones with their hand outstreched horizontally, or toying with their "awesome" cameras or other "smart" things, absolutely refusing to acknowledge comfort or even existance of other people in their near vicinity. I apply certain mockery and rudeness to such people in all seriousness and rather freely, because their behavior is extremely annoying, and nothing much else can be done about that, even though they usually appear all educated and mature (yuppies) otherwise.

Problem is mainly the limited availability and cost. I'm quite positive that most people who are complaining about gh's were given the opportunity to own one today, they would gladly accept the offer even if it meant being a hypocrite.

I'm actually very excited about how Glass, smartwatches, and smartphones will all work together and open up a lot of possibilities for legitimate use. Obviously privacy will remain the single biggest hurdle for illegitimate use. So it will be up to the developers to create those apps. Given the strength of the open source community, I think there will be ways around those hurdles, though it will take some time. Everyone will just have to get used to the fact that the future we see in many sci-fi movies is actually closer in some ways than we believe.

That'd be six nines of the known universe

There's plenty of reasons

Education and maturity has nothing to do with this. It's simply rude and mocking, and as such appropriate for certain situations. Or else I'd say that your conclusion expresses narrow-minded fake-cultured upper-class snobism - that'd be about the same level of generalization.

Because Bruce Schneier, for instance, is obviously some uneducated, immature Googlehater clown.

https://www.schneier...e_glass_en.html

Now then. Some inconsiderete people should be disallowed to use any mobile devices at all. For example, talking loud on their BT headsets (which Glass is, among other things, and so we'll see that sort of people aplenty), often discussing private matters I'd rather not hear from anyone, while on the street or commuting, or talking on their phones with their hand outstreched horizontally, or toying with their "awesome" cameras or other "smart" things, absolutely refusing to acknowledge comfort or even existance of other people in their near vicinity. I apply certain mockery and rudeness to such people in all seriousness and rather freely, because their behavior is extremely annoying, and nothing much else can be done about that, even though they usually appear all educated and mature (yuppies) otherwise.

All that for a simple phrase I said? Really? Way to go overboard and take it in a totally different direction. You can have your...opinion...and I will have mine.