Boston Bombing Suspects - MIT Shooting - Manhunt

You can get the chemicals needed from just about any gardening store or pharmacy. As for the electronics; again, very simple to make. No deep conspiracy is needed for these two to do what they have done.

Correct. As was said in Tremors; "a few household ingredients in the proper proportions." You can even make one bomb component from urine. Try banning that.

Cripes, you can even make s powerful primary explosive out of aspirin if you know what you're doing.

• Like 1

Actually that's exactly what you said, maybe you should re-read what you wrote:

And maybe if you read the whole post and don't take what you want of it out of context...

There are way too many unanswered questions left and it is a good thing that he was captured alive. Why would two young men living in the US for 10 years decide to go on a terrorist rampage? They put their own failures to the US society they could not fit in? They wanted their 15 minutes of fame? After that, there are the means? How did they get their explosives and weapons?

Same reason to go on mass shootings or any other crazy ****. Russians/Chechnyans can be a very weird type of people though. very loudmouthed and "agressive". Not saying all are, but it's a characteristic that some of them have. If they never felt they fit in over there, maybe they just snapped, or one of them did and he was very dominating over his brother.

Correct. As was said in Tremors; "a few household ingredients in the proper proportions." You can even make one bomb component from urine. Try banning that.

Cripes, you can even make s powerful primary explosive out of aspirin if you know what you're doing.

Or download the anarchist cookbook ;)

I am still trying to understand the gunfire that took place after he was caught hiding in the boat. They mention that he was wounded and was curled up in his own blood (that's how the owner found him). So did the cops just fire in the air to flush him out or what?

I am still trying to understand the gunfire that took place after he was caught hiding in the boat. They mention that he was wounded and was curled up in his own blood (that's how the owner found him). So did the cops just fire in the air to flush him out or what?

He probably had a gun. CNN said 20 shots were fired but the thing his how in the world did the subject not get hit. Its a boat most likely made out of fiberglass. Bullets would go through that boat like a hot knife through butter.

A report here was that he was wounded in the neck and leg. One had to have occurred previously as the boat owners noticed a blood poos when they investigated.

Also, past about 25-30 meters many people are rather inaccurate with pistols, even cops who get less range training than the average civilian who has a carry permit. Many departments only require them to recertify 1-5 years. I know cops who'd be lucky to hit the boat, much less anyone in it. That's why cops are 11 times more likely to hit an innocent party in the background than licensed civilians. We train better.

He probably had a gun. CNN said 20 shots were fired but the thing his how in the world did the subject not get hit. Its a boat most likely made out of fiberglass. Bullets would go through that boat like a hot knife through butter.

Exactly my point. There is a video somewhere and it sounded rather like a firefight. :|

Reps are calling for him to held as an enemy combatant.

So, will NDAA be used on him? Held indefinitely without a trial? he is a legal US citizen?

Willing to bet, the US totally botches this whole thing....

And maybe if you read the whole post and don't take what you want of it out of context...

How did I take it out of context? You seem to be trying to back peddle now because you didn't clarify it enough in your first post. While you said chances are it's unrelated you still made the statement that shots are fired all the time in that area like it's no big deal, when the truth is shots don't get fired all the time in that area and you were spewing nonsense.

I duno if anyone's asked this yet, this thread moves too fast... there was a reward out there for information leading to the capture, does this family that found him in the boat get the reward? I think it was at $50k at last time I heard, not an FBI reward, but a group of people offering it

I duno if anyone's asked this yet, this thread moves too fast... there was a reward out there for information leading to the capture, does this family that found him in the boat get the reward? I think it was at $50k at last time I heard, not an FBI reward, but a group of people offering it

Guy deserves it, his boat was probably all shot to hell and his 911 call did directly result in the capture of the suspect.

Guy deserves it, his boat was probably all shot to hell and his 911 call did directly result in the capture of the suspect.

Read this morning that people are pitching in to help buy him a new boat, due to his being shot up.

Insurance...?

Looks like the boat is new which you see the plastic is covered & sealed. The suspect tore it up and got in to hide. So the owner probably have not gotten an insurance yet... if not, people in that town are willing to help him to get a new boat.

If he has an insurance, it will be taken care of, unless Police Dept probably take care of it for him.

You all realize what the 'net-analysis of countless crime scene videos to pinpoint the bombers means?

We are developing a hive mind.

Rudimentary, and for now slow, but still and getting faster with each iteration of Moore's Law. Google Glass, the Cloud(s), robotic prostheses, brain-machine interfaces etc. add to it.

WE will be the Borg :ninja:

You all realize what the 'net-analysis of countless crime scene videos to pinpoint the bombers means?

We are developing a hive mind.

Rudimentary, and for now slow, but still and getting faster with each iteration of Moore's Law. Google Glass, the Cloud(s), robotic prostheses, brain-machine interfaces etc. add to it.

WE will be the Borg :ninja:

You left put the part about them being wrong. :p

With the media's fascination with the bombers I wonder how long it will take for someone else to try the same thing so they can gain fame.

Copycats are always a major risk with these media cases. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if someone did it.

You left put the part about them being wrong. :p

Some of them weren't, and came up with good enhanced images faster than the FBI did.

what's scary about this case is they're trying to try him as a enemy combatant, or something, which means he hs fewer rights than a normal citizen criminal.

No I think that is the story about the "GOP lawmakers want Boston bombing suspect treated as 'enemy combatant'"

The federal prosecutor will proceed with the case under the law, not under what someone else wants.

^ If Americans truly do value freedom, as they frequently claim, they should be demanding that this suspect be given his full rights. When you allow specific conditions to suspend an individuals constitutional rights, you might as well throw the whole lot in the trash as you just rendered everything your founding fathers did, irrelevant.

How did I take it out of context? You seem to be trying to back peddle now because you didn't clarify it enough in your first post. While you said chances are it's unrelated you still made the statement that shots are fired all the time in that area like it's no big deal, when the truth is shots don't get fired all the time in that area and you were spewing nonsense.

No I'm no back peddling, but never did I say that America is a wild land where shots are fired all the time. I merely mentioned that its a big place and that shots fired doesn't have to have any relation to the manhunt. I also mentioned that the chance of anyone being stupid enough to fire weapons at this time was slim at it most likely was related.

Russia hopes to turn U.S. against Chechen movement

For two decades, Moscow and Washington have been at odds about how to view the conflict in and around Chechnya. The Russian army has twice been sent in to restore the Kremlin?s control over the rebellious Muslim region on its southern flank, only to see Chechen militants continue to stage spectacular and violent attacks on civilian targets in Moscow and other Russian cities.

To Moscow?s frustration, the Chechens battling the Russian army in Chechnya were often portrayed as freedom fighters ? the same way, the Kremlin notes, that Afghanistan?s mujahedeen were portrayed while they were fighting the Soviet army, with U.S. support, in the 1980s.

President Vladimir Putin was quick to call President Barack Obama and express his sympathy following the Boston Marathon bombings, just as he was the first to call Mr. Obama?s predecessor, George W. Bush, following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

On Friday, after it became clear that the elder brother recently spent time inTamerlan Tsarnaev, the older of the two brothers, had spent six months in Chechnya and the neighbouring region of Dagestan last year, the two leaders spoke again about how the two countries? intelligence services could co-operate in what the Kremlin statement called ?the battle with global terrorism.?

Russia is clearly hoping that the White House will now see the Islamist groups based in the North Caucasus the same way it does. ?From freedom fighters to terrorists: Identity of Boston bombers shifts U.S. attitudes to Chechnya,? read one hopeful headline on the website of RT News, a Kremlin-owned television channel.

The United States and the Britain gave political asylum to high-profile Chechen separatists, their courts accepting the argument that they faced violent persecution if they returned to Russia.

From freedom fighters to terrorists: Identity of Boston bombers shifts US attitudes to Chechnya

The revelation that the two brothers suspected to be behind the Boston Marathon attack are ethnic Chechens has led the US establishment to perform a rapid volte-face towards the previously sympathetically-viewed region and cause.

Through the two separatist wars fought by Chechen militants in the 1990s, the standard US portrayal of the restive region focused on the David and Goliath scale of the adversaries, the ?denial? to Chechens of their right to self-determination, and the abuse of human rights.

In the wake of Monday?s attack, a new sinister international image of Chechnya has emerged.

?Chechnya region is cauldron of Islamic militancy? proclaimed the headline in the New York Daily News. For LA Times, it was

?Festering Chechen militancy?, while the Washington Times went with ?Chechnya is a hotbed of Islamic extremism?.

USA Today, Fox News and the Washington Post all simply picked ?Chechnya is a breeding ground for terrorism?, as their header.

The international experts now offered a different narrative of the conflict that has bedeviled Russia since the collapse of the Soviet Union, and cost thousands of lives as well as draining billions of dollars from the budget.

15.jpg

"They could well be supported by a significant international network," John Bolton, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, told Fox News.

I don't believe that garbage for a second. Those "experts" are idiots. Chechen rebels are only interested in targeting Russia and no one else. There is no Islamic threat from there.