Boston Bombing Suspects - MIT Shooting - Manhunt

Technically, unless you're of native american descent, you're -all- "naturalised" US citizens. :p

uh how? If you where born here you weren't naturalized... you where born when the USA was incorporated as a nation therefore you are a native citizen not a naturalized one...... you are thinking in terms on the 1800's....

at the ratification of the constitution and all that stuff happened, we set forth a precedent that all peoples born on USA soil were native citizens from that point forward

Key word being "you". You stole the land and decided that THIS is how it's going to be. it wasn't really your decision to make ;)

at the ratification of the constitution and all that stuff happened, we set forth a precedent that all peoples born on USA soil were native citizens from that point forward

That's incorrect. The Fourteenth Amendment defines citizenship.

Key word being "you". You stole the land and decided that THIS is how it's going to be. it wasn't really your decision to make ;)

At this point in time that means nothing, and technically Europe stole the land but we won't get into that..... the USA is incorporated, and under the USA's rule you are a native citizen in their eyes..... the eyes on the "native Indians" doesn't matter under the USA view... we are a citizen of a charter set up to create the USA...

That's incorrect. The Fourteenth Amendment defines citizenship.

I was being as generic as possible with the inclusion of "and all that stuff".... we did have things to define who was a citizen at the time of creation of the constitution... we didn't 100% define citizenship till the 1860's but that doesn't really matter in the context of today when it happened...

uh how? If you where born here you weren't naturalized... you where born when the USA was incorporated as a nation therefore you are a native citizen not a naturalized one...... you are thinking in terms on the 1800's....

I think someone missed the smiley at the end of my post...

Technically, unless you're of native american descent, you're -all- "naturalised" US citizens. :p

More like descendents of illegal immigrants :p. Constitution was their DREAM act.

So wait..native americans formed the United States?

Good to know.

So if we don't like someone we strip them of their citizenship so we can "legally" treat them as less than human...

Americans are such good human beings...

Good job on generalizing a country.

So wait..native americans formed the United States?

Good to know.

Good job on generalizing a country.

Most regular posters on this forum that are from outside of the U.S generalize the U.S and its citizens.

Most regular posters on this forum that are from outside of the U.S generalize the U.S and its citizens.

Yep! You're all totally redneck hicks that drink moonshine all day and marry your sisters. Totally. ;)

You should probably never mention this again. It's wholly hypocritical and glosses over so many details it's a completely false statement. Stop trying to make this point forever.

If the death penalty was used id face palm. Keep the guy alive in the hospital only to kill him later lol.He'll probably get 40 years.

You think he'd ever be executed?

McVeigh certainly was. Give a jury a shot and they'll return guilty with a death recommendation, and the Federal system has fewer appeal paths than in a state case. State cases get to go through both systems.

Citizens are the ones posting in here that they want all the Gitmo prisoners, even the innocent ones, killed... What do you expect people to think or say about that?

I wasn't aware a few people posting on an internet forum spoke for all of us.

I think most would apply death on a case-by-case basis (certainly KSM deserves it 3.000 times over) but support for GITMO is quite broad, even among self-described liberal Democrats.

2012 Washington Post poll -

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-02-08/politics/35445649_1_drone-program-support-for-drone-strikes-drone-policy

>

The poll shows that 53 percent of self-identified liberal Democrats ? and 67 percent of moderate or conservative Democrats ? support keeping Guantanamo Bay open, even though it emerged as a symbol of the post-Sept. 11 national security policies of President George W. Bush, which many liberals bitterly opposed.

>

Imagine the percentages for conservative Republicans and independents..

Hey Hawk, my nation will handle its criminals,terrorists and murderers how it see's fit. Don't like it? That's to bad. We do not have to follow any other nations procedures.

point is you're being hypocrites. besides regularly breaking human rights.

point is you're being hypocrites. besides regularly breaking human rights.

No, this is how the law works in my country, deal with it. This person killed innocent people and will be dealt with, i'm sorry you side with the bomber but i'm willing most of Americans don't and want to see him tried and punished.

No, this is how the law works in my country, deal with it. This person killed innocent people and will be dealt with, i'm sorry you side with the bomber but i'm willing most of Americans don't and want to see him tried and punished.

Wrong. This person is suspected of killing innocent people, and should be tried in a court to ascertain the facts, and then, IF found guilty, punished according to the same laws you try other murderers. I'm sorry you side with lynch mob justice.

• Like 2

Wrong. This person is suspected of killing innocent people, and should be tried in a court to ascertain the facts, and then, IF found guilty, punished according to the same laws you try other murderers. I'm sorry you side with lynch mob justice.

This.

I'm of the opinion that, unless he admits to it, he should be tried under court and jury. Mentioned this to my friends at work and I got lambasted and called a super liberal. Meh.

This.

I'm of the opinion that, unless he admits to it, he should be tried under court and jury. Mentioned this to my friends at work and I got lambasted and called a super liberal. Meh.

I'm actually rather concerned about how this is being handled. AFAIK, no other bomber in the US, even the Oklahoma bomber, has been charged with using WMD's; and regular bombs aren't actually classed as WMD's by anyone. But, seeing as MASS doesn't actually have a death penalty, suddenly they've decided to reclassify them as WMD's and charge him under a federal offense so that they can apply for the death sentence.

Doesn't anyone see how wrong this is? Government officials are circumventing your own laws so that they can execute this guy.

3 people died in that bombing, and many others injured. A cop also died in the shooting, and another injured. I've seen far worse crimes in the US, and the suspect not subjected to even half the witch hunt this guy is.

I'm not saying he shouldn't go unpunished. But if after a proper hearing he is found guilty, then he should be punished the same way anyone else who has committed multiple murders and assault would be in MASS; life in prison.

• Like 6

Americans won't see it, I pointed it out before and tehy're all for yet. bend the rules so we can get our blood.

meanwhile this response, is what's lead America to where it is today with high crime and murder. this response is why they have issues with terrorists and bombers. And it lets the terrorists win.

there are better ways to beat them. Our mass killer is no locked up, forever forced to watch how he not only failed to accomplish what he wanted, but accomplised the complete opposite, uniting the nation even closer, closer ties to our new countrymen. and while a few still talk of the changes he wanted, his platform of change has lost most of it's support and people.

But yeah, if you think creating more martyrs is a good idea, go ahead, but don't come whining to use for help. don't come asking us to invade more "terrorist" countries because you made more enemies.

• Like 1