Boston Bombing Suspects - MIT Shooting - Manhunt

this person sounds like they stopped their tracks and went down without any fight. putting them on their belly is strandard procedure, not stripping them. NOONE is asked to strip naked and here personally it is iilegal; if someone searches you, they must be of your same sex.

I know the laws for this, but I don't think anyone's going to care if procedure isn't followed right now. Well, except for the person arrested, anyway.

I certainly can't think of any political reason why 2 Chechens would want to attack Americans. Russians maybe.. but not Americans. I'm betting there's some kind of personal reason for their actions, but unless they've left written or taped reasons, I doubt we'll ever know. The younger brother isn't coming out of this alive.

political, no ... unless they somehow think the USA can influence Russian internal policy

However, they would have religious reasons, like every radical muslim who wants to destroy the USA. Of course that is all conjecture at this point

I know the laws for this, but I don't think anyone's going to care if procedure isn't followed right now. Well, except for the person arrested, anyway.

yes, this person again is not diretly involved. from what it seems they just knew the guys and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. stripping him (or worst her) is exccesssive. anyways, this isnt up for debate. im intrested in the latest in the ongoing situation.

They're about to bust into a building on Willow Park, but they're not sure if he's in there or not

****. Just called up few friends in Waltham/Watertown. My workplace is still open (in a neighboring town) - hopefully this other nut job is caught soon

Can we put down some rules that a signature loaded with your weapons is just absurd.. this isn't a gun advocate forum as much as it isn't a gun control forum. I'm surprised you guys let those silly signatures slide.

BTW, I own a few guns myself.. the sigs are absurd and silly, especially for a community like Neowin.

I started a thread in the staff area asking for all signatures with weapons to be removed, and was shot down. Pun intended. The argument was I have had signatures of video game related images with guns, so why couldn't real guns be allowed. I tried to explain because it was a video game, but then people started claiming freedom of speech, blah blah blah. I agree 110% they should not be allowed, just like ###### and ass are not.

• Like 2

political, no ... unless they somehow think the USA can influence Russian internal policy

However, they would have religious reasons, like every radical muslim who wants to destroy the USA. Of course that is all conjecture at this point

European Muslims (as opposed to those of eastern descent), aren't generally quite as radicalized. Hell, they're not even close to as strict as the Arabic interpretations generally are. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's way less likely.

Also, do we even know if these guys ARE Muslims? You shouldn't place blame on a group without evidence.

heres the problem: the house is surrounded by other houses. people have been told to stay inside their homes. if he has a bomb on him.....

No fly-zone issued for Greater Boston Area.

stupid. at this point he has no cash or ways to access a airport.

I started a thread in the staff area asking for all signatures with weapons to be removed, and was shot down. Pun intended. The argument was I have had signatures of video game related images with guns, so why couldn't real guns be allowed. I tried to explain because it was a video game, but then people started claiming freedom of speech, blah blah blah. I agree 110% they should not be allowed, just like ###### and ass are not.

That's just lame! Hopefully they will have a change of heart..

They have evacuated the houses they think he's in, 15 or 17 Willow Park, but maybe also 23

They have evacuated the houses they think he's in, 15 or 17 Willow Park, but maybe also 23

If he's actually inside one of those houses, how would they evacuate them?

European Muslims (as opposed to those of eastern descent), aren't generally quite as radicalized. Hell, they're not even close to as strict as the Arabic interpretations generally are. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's way less likely.

Also, do we even know if these guys ARE Muslims? You shouldn't place blame on a group without evidence.

Because it's the most common religion in their country, and a lot of young chechens are members of the wahabism. A version that advocates sharia law and literal interpretation of the quran. Muslim fundamentalism has been growing in Checheny since the nineties. But as said, all conjecture. They might have different reasons all together.

heres the problem: the house is surrounded by other houses. people have been told to stay inside their homes. if he has a bomb on him.....

stupid. at this point he has no cash or ways to access a airport.

They don't do this because they are worried he is going to go to the airport and fly away..... :rolleyes: