• Please log in to reply
823 replies to this topic

#31 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,932 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:24

I think it's fairly risky to release these pictures in these circumstances to the public. I can easily imagine a little vigilantism because of them.

Also, why is this a sticky thread?

I think it is this reason the FBI is saying they are armed and extremely dangerous. If I had to guess they have no reason to say this other than to try and scare people to not do the vigilante thing. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

#32 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:27

I get the impression that the FBI is desperate because these are not known individuals. I can't imagine why else they would release it to the public in such a manner.

#33 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,069 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 1020 8.1

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:28

I think it is this reason the FBI is saying they are armed and extremely dangerous. If I had to guess they have no reason to say this other than to try and scare people to not do the vigilante thing. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Uh, yeah, we American's listen to that kind of warning. :rolleyes:

#34 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,282 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:31

Publishing photos of the suspects may help in finding and detaining them for questioning. It isn't that unusual at all. Of course there may be some risk to them, but I'll trust that most people would rather they go to trial if charged and let justice do its job. US citizens are not as bad as some like to think.

And hagjohn, please speak for yourself, thanks.

#35 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:32

Publishing photos of the suspects may help in finding and detaining them for questioning. It isn't that unusual at all. Of course there may be some risk to them, but I'll trust that most people would rather they go to trial if charged and let justice do its job. US citizens are not as bad as some like to think.

And hagjohn, please speak for yourself, thanks.

It is also possible that they are counting on them turning themselves in. Better a few decades on death row than hanging from an overpass.

#36 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,131 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:33

I get the impression that the FBI is desperate because these are not known individuals. I can't imagine why else they would release it to the public in such a manner.

I tend to agree.

Also, as a side note, it is dangerous to release images of folks unless (or even when) they are not 100% sure they did it... mob mentality tends to rule... even in 2013.

That said, if they did do it.. they may just be run of the mill home-grown jackwagons that decided to be idiots... from the fact that no manifesto or media letter was leaked, it may be they are/were planning more down the road, or simply did a one-off due to being morons that wanted to see carnage, or to right some imagined wrong. Those kind are always hard to catch unless they brag, or hang out where folks will call them out.

#37 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:37

>>I tend to agree.

Also, as a side note, it is dangerous to release images of folks unless (or even when) they are not 100% sure they did it... mob mentality tends to rule... even in 2013.<<

I actually think a modern mob would turn them in to authorities.

>>That said, if they did do it.. they may just be run of the mill home-grown jackwagons that decided to be idiots... from <<

In other words, murderous domestic terrorists who will receive no mercy when brought to justice!

#38 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:37

The FBI is obviously asking the public because they are clueless right now! Whoever executed the explosions thoroughly planned this and practiced possibly too!

#39 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,787 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:39

what in the world was that infowars website guy going on about?

#40 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:41

The FBI is obviously asking the public because they are clueless right now!

They are clueless as to who they are and where they are. This is no different than posting a wanted ad with photos. These dudes are wanted for questioning related to the Boston Marathon Bombing.

If they don't turn themselves in when they see themselves on TV, they are wanted "for" the Boston Marathon Bombing.

If it was me I would immediately call authorities and tell them, "hey, this is Mr. X, I just saw myself on TV. Can you send an officer out to pick me up, I'd be happy to come down and answer any questions you have for me. I'll do anything I can to help."

That is all.

#41 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:43

Take a look at the left of the picture...

Posted Image

Here it is cropped, if I have the correct person!
person suspect.png

#42 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,807 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:46

Here it is cropped, if I have the correct person!

Yeah, that would be enough for me to want him for questioning if he indeed had a backpack earlier and is now that collected, sans backpack and against the normal response after the explosion.

#43 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

• 3,699 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:49

He appears complacent in his position compared to everyone who is in fight/flight mode trying to get away!

#44 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:56

I just hope they are posing pictures of the right guys.

#45 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 2,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 00:59

I just hope they are posing pictures of the right guys.

I'd like to think they have a lot more evidence than what they are showing. It isn't like law enforcement/government to lay everything on the table for the public to see without charging a suspect.