MK808 Android Rockchip

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MK808-Android-Rockchip-RK3066-Cortex-A9/dp/B009NNXY1W

It claims to be better than the Apple TV2 (jailbroken).. but for the price i just can't see it being very good?

Chip: Rochip RK 3066, Cortex-A9

Display: HDMI OUTPUT(TV)

RAM: 1GB DDR3

Flash: 8GB Nand Flash

WIFI: 802.11B/G

2.4G: Support 2.4Ghz wireless remote keyboard and mouse

Hard Disk: SUPPORT SD Card: 1GB-16GB ; Hard Disk: 1GB ~ 5TB

I/0 Port:

USB2.0 host X 1;

OTG micro USBX1 ;

HDMI OUTPUTX1

Application software:Google Search/Email Gmail/Video Player/Audio Player / Alarm/ Clock /Apk Calculator Calendar/ES file/Explorer/Google Maps Market/NC Manager PDF/Reader /Photo Browser

Android APPS: YOUTUBE,FACEBOOK,ANGRY BIRDS,Skype,NETFIX,etc.

Audio support: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A

Video support: M-JPEG,MPEG-1,MPEG-2,MPEG-4,H.263,H.264,VC-1,DivX, Xvid, RealVideo,VP6,Sorenson Spark

price doesnt mean anything. my ?150 phone has better features than iphone and that costs a fortune.

Thats an extremely poor comparison, and a debate i don't really want to get into :)

I had one of them, software wise its a bit basic compared to how user friendly Apple TV interface is, it is pretty fast though I used it for Netflix, Youtube, etc.. it can do 720p video but I had problems getting 1080p video to play over wifi.

Not bad for the price.

price doesnt mean anything. my ?150 phone has better features than iphone and that costs a fortune.

Where as the old adage "You get what you pay for" is generally good advice, it's not always true.

My eperience with TV boxes is that cheap boxes generally are terrible. heck my WD Live streaming crap something(their latest generation) wasn't much cheaper than an ApplTV, but I bought it because I didn't want an Apple TV.

The box is slow, UX is terrible. it's unstable, netflix chokes if you try to play multiple HD videos (it can play the firs then it hangs). yes it can potentially do a lot more than the Apple TV. That's if any of it worked, the navigation wasn't slow as heck and stuff didn't take ages to start and crash once they do.

After trying the AppleTV in the store later, It's pretty much the only streaming device I would recommend, using it is a dream compared to the other devices I've tried. it's fast and smooth. and you can rent movies, buy movies and stream netflix. No it can't do all the other stuff other boxes can, but at least it works, and it works well.

Excpt for speed, camera, screen, material quality... as for the functions and use of the phone itself, that's up to the user. I'm absolutely no iPhone fan, but I can't argue that it works and it works well. I'd still take and android before it, and prefer a WP over my current Android though.

After trying the AppleTV in the store later, It's pretty much the only streaming device I would recommend, using it is a dream compared to the other devices I've tried. it's fast and smooth. and you can rent movies, buy movies and stream netflix. No it can't do all the other stuff other boxes can, but at least it works, and it works well.

Have to agree with you, just a shame it doesn't support MKV, I have a sizeable Bluray collection ripped from disc and I really don't fancy having to redo them all to use iTunes and MP4.

I had an ATV2 that i loved but never used it, i crumbled to the demand and sold it on eBay for ?200.. i replaced it with a raspberry pi that i love and works well with emulators, xbmc and plex it's just a bit fiddly switching between apps etc so i thought this could be a better solution, i'll stick with my PI