Volkswagen CrossBlue Coupe concept

Volkswagen CrossBlue Coupe concept

Several new pictures of the Volkswagen CrossBlue Coupe concept have surfaced online, following a leak earlier today.

The CrossBlue Coupe is a five-door crossover that has a sporty front fascia with a slender grille and LED headlights. Moving further back we can see a ventilated hood, plastic body cladding and matte aluminum trim. Last but not least, the model is equipped with a tailgate-mounted spoiler and a dual exhaust system that is integrated into the rear bumper.

The cabin echoes the original CrossBlue concept and adopts a restrained design with flat and angular surfaces. Notable highlights include leather seats, metallic trim and gloss black accents. There's also a digital instrument cluster, an infotainment system and a rear seat entertainment system.

Power will reportedly be provided by a turbocharged V6 engine which is backed up by two electric motors. This setup could enable the crossover to have a combined maximum output of 415 bhp (309 kW). This should allow the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.9 seconds, average 3L/100 km (78.4 mpg US / 94.1 mpg UK) and travel up to 20.5 miles (33 km) on electricity alone.

268749048649324223.jpg

21114835121180938130.jpg

75710481828307290.jpg

1263884487218425597.jpg

1812772719263574131.jpg

2602408051626869918.jpg

581986019688753973.jpg

1057814259233604030.jpg

1989617991375570632.jpg

With some luck, we'll see its sibling soon, Audi Q6.

Since when have coupes become 4 door SUVs :/

Tell me your definition of a coupe and how it differs from a two-door sedan and I'll tell you where you are wrong.

It's a common misconception to call two-door vehicles coupes just judging by the number of doors. It's not the decisive factor. In fact, there's nothing mentioned about the number of doors or the height of the clearance in the definition of a coupe.

Tell me your definition of a coupe and how it differs from a two-door sedan and I'll tell you where you are wrong.

It's a common misconception to call two-door vehicles coupes just judging by the number of doors. It's not the decisive factor. In fact, there's nothing mentioned about the number of doors or the height of the clearance in the definition of a coupe.

Yeah I know there is a technical difference between a two door sedan and a coupe (capacity, b-pillar presence, etc.) I am also one one of those who for simplicity sake combines the coupes and two-door sedans into the same category even though they are technically different. To me the "Coupe" in this model's name is just a label for marketing purposes.

It looks good, but why make it a hybrid? Why not push towards the EREV (Extended Range Electric Vehicle) route? Yes, it does cost more than a hybrid, but frankly, if anyone's willing to pay the extra for a hybrid, I reckon they can stretch towards an EREV. The fuel savings would be a lot bigger, so it'd probably be better in the long-term.

It looks good, but why make it a hybrid? Why not push towards the EREV (Extended Range Electric Vehicle) route? Yes, it does cost more than a hybrid, but frankly, if anyone's willing to pay the extra for a hybrid, I reckon they can stretch towards an EREV. The fuel savings would be a lot bigger, so it'd probably be better in the long-term.

Maybe because hybrids have a vastly larger audience. Electric vehicles still need a ton of work. Give them another 5 years.

Agreed, this is not a coupe (roof bars on a coupe?)

And I'm not really a fan of how this looks. It looks a bit like they designed it for the sake of designing it. Like the "W"s on the rear lights look stupid, as do the bonnet vents.

The interior also looks a bit too clinical to me.

also reminds me a bit of the new range rover or landrover which ever it is, always get them two mixed up.

Yes, look at it from the side, there's definitely some resemblance there to Range Rover's Evoque as far as body styling goes. However, this is a much larger car.