Newlywed bride is allergic to husband's sperm

It?s called the honeymoon phase ? those first few years after newlyweds get married when they went to spend every second together.

While this time should be a time for passion and intimacy, one couple had the complete opposite experience when they realized the bride was allergic to her new husband?s sperm, Opposing Views reported.

Clara and Jeff, both 35, had waited until their wedding to have sex for the first time ? in order to make the moment even more special. But when they had their first intimate encounter, something very strange occurred.

"I had this bizarre reaction," said Clara, whose name was changed to protect her privacy. "I had burning and swelling and redness, which was very unusual. I thought I had contracted an STD."

She scheduled numerous gynecologist visits and researched for several hours online to figure out what was happening. Finally, one of Clara?s doctors told her she was suffering from seminal plasma hypersensitivity ? an allergic reaction to the protein in Jeff?s semen.

Affecting between 20,000 and 40,000 women in the United States, seminal plasma hypersensitivity does not affect fertility, but it makes having sex very uncomfortable ? during and after intercourse. Some women break out into hives and blisters, experience severe abdominal pain, and even have difficulty breathing.

more

Clara and Jeff, both 35, had waited until their wedding to have sex for the first time ? in order to make the moment even more special.

It can't be said that their moment wasn't special!! :laugh:

Hum left out the happy part of the story.

Fortunately for Clara and other women with this allergy, the condition is easily treatable. Doctors simply isolate proteins in the sperm and then conduct skin test on the woman to determine which proteins are causing her allergic reactions. After they?ve identified the troubling protein, they slowly desensitize the woman to it.

Clara recently had the treatment done, and she said her condition has greatly improved.

?Now I am interested in having sex again."

• Like 4

This is the US... you don't need a reason to divorce.

actually, most states require that "grounds for divorce" be filled out in the paper work... so that is kind of saying you need a reason.. most just write "irreconcilable differences" or "incompatibility"

• Like 2

Things like this are the reason why the "don't have sex until marriage" mentality is extremely flawed.

especially since the best sex is before marriage

• Like 3

That's sad. At least they were able to fix the problem and everyone's happy now :)

(No sense in judging them for the choices they made, btw :p Everyone's attitudes about sex are a little different, and if this worked for them, how is it our place to say it was wrong? Just throwing that out there. As long as both partners were happy with this arrangement I don't see a problem.)

• Like 3

I was so shocked about this. maybe they are not match each other, you know? I heard some people who are trying to have baby after marriage, but they are not match each other. I was so shocked about this. the fish will not help men's sperm when men who eat fish. Please remember that one!

I was so shocked about this. maybe they are not match each other, you know? I heard some people who are trying to have baby after marriage, but they are not match each other. I was so shocked about this. the fish will not help men's sperm when men who eat fish. Please remember that one!

Um What?

when men eat fish so it will not increase their sperm. men need to eat fruit and vegetables often, so they will increase their sperm.

I don't even know what just happened here. I mean, I hate fish but really...

2 seconds. After the marriage? So they didn't have sex before marriage? Waiting to make it special?

Well, that was silly...

What is so silly about that?