• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 22:27

Well, I personally just installed Windows Blue build to find out IE11 potential since I am drastically impressed with IE10.
So lets find out what I noticed:
1. HTML5test.com score:
Posted Image

Where scored more:
Mutation Observer --- added 3 points

2. CSS3 Test score:
Posted Image

Where scored more:
CSS3 Flexbox standard

3. Rng.io benchmark:
Ring 1 - no difference
Ring 2 - Scored two points less (not bother to look where loss)
Ring 3 - major difference
So what here standard support indicated
1. CSS3 Flexbox Standard support
2. Canvas 3D (WebGL) support
3. Animation Timing (requestAnimationFrame etc.)
4. Another Iframe Sandboxing related test pass
5. Full Screen API related support

I will be checking it for few days, if you wanna suggest some benchmark related to support, let me know.

#2 dysgenics

dysgenics

Neowinian

Posted 19 April 2013 - 22:34

Figured with silverlight coming to a end, they would have improved on html5 more.

#3 OP +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:17

They are going in good direction but they need to catch since now HTML5 is about to standardize so there is no hold back to slow implementation and they should speedup. Also getting little bit new support as mentioned is also not little bad.

#4 Crimson Rain

Crimson Rain

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1020 Yellow

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:36

Here is what I found over last two weeks in IE10 and latest FF/Chrome:
1. animations (css3 transitions, transformations etc) are damn smooth in IE10
2. Firefox and chrome's font rendering sucks (at least in windows)
3. Firefox/Chrome do not support ICCv4 (seriously Mozilla/Google? **** you.) [ http://www.color.org...ion4html.xalter ]
4. Webkit should stop implementing any new features and fix every stupid simple layout issues they have.
5. css3 gradients are **** in Firefox. Mozilla needs to L2Code.

So whatever new IE11 brings is good enough. Personally, I'd like a 100% full featured implementation of HTMl5 forms.

#5 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:54

IE11 + Firefox's extension support + Chrome's developer flags = Winnest browser ever.

The complete lack of addons in IE11 makes it a no fly for me :(

#6 cetla

cetla

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:06

Can you check if IE11 support pointer-event: none; on all html element? IE10 currently only support it on SVG canvas.

Check this page: http://robertnyman.c...ter-events.html

#7 OP +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:20

Here is what I found over last two weeks in IE10 and latest FF/Chrome:
1. animations (css3 transitions, transformations etc) are damn smooth in IE10
2. Firefox and chrome's font rendering sucks (at least in windows)
3. Firefox/Chrome do not support ICCv4 (seriously Mozilla/Google? **** you.) [ http://www.color.org...ion4html.xalter ]
4. Webkit should stop implementing any new features and fix every stupid simple layout issues they have.
5. css3 gradients are **** in Firefox. Mozilla needs to L2Code.

So whatever new IE11 brings is good enough. Personally, I'd like a 100% full featured implementation of HTMl5 forms.

1. True
2. It can be true in case of Chrome but I found Firefox font rendering on par of IE10, open softpedia and face bold font issue while Firefox does not suffer from this.
3. Firefox does support but it is behind preference not enabled by default
4. True
5. Firefox improved CSS3 Gradient performance issues, if that's what you are facing.

Now back to IE11 testing.. LOL!

#8 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:35

The scores should get better with a newer version of blue. Besides, I seem to remember that html5 isn't going to be full passed anytime soon. Does anyone have a date for this?

#9 OP +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:42

The scores should get better with a newer version of blue. Besides, I seem to remember that html5 isn't going to be full passed anytime soon. Does anyone have a date for this?

Don't have confirm date but several proposal are already seems to on final draft stages and HTML5.1 is already underway, so it will take take early next year to get HTML5 full standardised, that's just my speculation.

Can you check if IE11 support pointer-event: none; on all html element? IE10 currently only support it on SVG canvas.

Check this page: http://robertnyman.c...ter-events.html

Can you tell me expected correct results after ticking check box, so I can confirm. Little in layman term, I red what is written on page but could not understand.

#10 OP +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:52

For CSS Pointer-events test, I get same behaviour as IE10 in IE11.
Fail this one as well: https://bug827709.bu...t.cgi?id=699017

#11 Crimson Rain

Crimson Rain

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 1020 Yellow

Posted 20 April 2013 - 19:41

1. True
2. It can be true in case of Chrome but I found Firefox font rendering on par of IE10, open softpedia and face bold font issue while Firefox does not suffer from this.
3. Firefox does support but it is behind preference not enabled by default
4. True
5. Firefox improved CSS3 Gradient performance issues, if that's what you are facing.

Now back to IE11 testing.. LOL!

2. Firefox is ok normally. But once you introduce transformation/transition/animation etc, fonts go ****.
3. It doesn't help. You cant expect users to enable it when a PNG image's (background) color shifts and creates distinct seems with the html background color code. I know there are ways to work around (which I had to) but works out of the box on IE10.
5. I don't remember the exact thing. Encountered it during some design experiment. It was a combination of 1px to top gradient, background repeat and some effect (e.g., transition). The gradient appeared as distinct lines where it should appear as solid. Worked fine on IE10/Chrome.

As for IE11 and html5test.com, if IE11 has WebGL support, it should score much more.
Are you sure html5test.com is working properly for IE11? And no sign of HTML5 forms...eh? :(

#12 cetla

cetla

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 20:48

For CSS Pointer-events test, I get same behaviour as IE10 in IE11.
Fail this one as well: https://bug827709.bu...t.cgi?id=699017

That's too bad. The IE team said they are not enabling pointer-event:none; to all html element due to risks of click-jacking. But Mozilla and the Chrome team enabled in their browsers since forever and nothing harmful has come out of it so far.

I was hopeful IE11 would allow it since I have a light-dimming script that turns on at night. I'd like it to work in IE11 but shame...

#13 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 20 April 2013 - 20:57

So IE11 has a DX11 implementation of WebGL? If yes, how much faster is it compared to the DX9 implementation FF has?

#14 Ashleighhank

Ashleighhank

Neowinian

Posted 20 April 2013 - 21:09

finally, IE is trying to catch up. still a long way to go

#15 OP +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 20 April 2013 - 21:17

finally, IE is trying to catch up. still a long way to go

So IE11 has a DX11 implementation of WebGL? If yes, how much faster is it compared to the DX9 implementation FF has?

2. Firefox is ok normally. But once you introduce transformation/transition/animation etc, fonts go ****.
3. It doesn't help. You cant expect users to enable it when a PNG image's (background) color shifts and creates distinct seems with the html background color code. I know there are ways to work around (which I had to) but works out of the box on IE10.
5. I don't remember the exact thing. Encountered it during some design experiment. It was a combination of 1px to top gradient, background repeat and some effect (e.g., transition). The gradient appeared as distinct lines where it should appear as solid. Worked fine on IE10/Chrome.

As for IE11 and html5test.com, if IE11 has WebGL support, it should score much more.
Are you sure html5test.com is working properly for IE11? And no sign of HTML5 forms...eh? :(

WebGL full pieces are not yet implemented, only initial work and also yeah I test HTML5test perfectly, if site has issue then we can't see otherwise all things come up. Let me try newer build now. Lets hope find new stuff or junkies..