Boot to desktop & Start Button Confirmed via Winsupersite

win8

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:12

Now if only we could get the ability back to change the color of the title bar text, that'd be great lol.

#92 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:14

We've Won Lads !!! :woot:

Well played Microsoft, well played. ;>

#93 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:18

Sounds like a little bit of sanity is finally coming to Windows 8. Not a minute too soon, either.

#94 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:19

I wonder what all the people that argued that it wasn't necessary are going to say?

#95 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:24

Sounds like a little bit of sanity is finally coming to Windows 8. Not a minute too soon, either.

Understatement!

#96 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:34

The whole problem with Windows 8 is the lack of visual cues to show you where certain UI elements are. A UI is supposed to empower the user, not make them feel stupid. That's where Windows 8 fails. Every single time I've sat a first time user in front of Windows 8, they know how to get to the desktop right away via the tile but after that they're completely and utterly lost. I even had one tell me wow this OS is horrible, it's making me feel like an idiot.

There was a comment a while back by Tammy Reller at MS and she said something about telemetry showing that new users found the charms "in about an hour". Excuse me? It's not something to be proud of when the average user takes an HOUR to find your UI. That means you failed miserably as UX designers and need to go back to the drawing board.

Perfect... People need to remember that the average users don't belong to Neowin.net.

How Real People Will Use Windows 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4boTbv9_nU