Windows 8.1 Build 9374 (X86) Leaked to Internet

I don't see any differences yet. May be most of the change is going to be from inside, which does not matter a lot. I will only be interested in this if they bring start menu back and get rid of metro crap. Keep this metro crap to surface tablet only.

• Like 3

Looks like they added the arrow at the bottom as a way to go to the all apps list, same thing they have on WP, though if you're on touch you can just swipe up to go to it as well.

Looks like they added the arrow at the bottom as a way to go to the all apps list, same thing they have on WP, though if you're on touch you can just swipe up to go to it as well.

Ah, good eyes, completely missed that ;)

Its now label as "Windows 8.1 Preview".

Any sign/evidence of Notification Center yet?? This is my personal most wanted feature I want to see in Blue...

I don't see any differences yet. May be most of the change is going to be from inside, which does not matter a lot. I will only be interested in this if they bring start menu back and get rid of metro crap. Keep this metro crap to surface tablet only.

How about giving people a choice?

Perhaps they are adding the start screen button and the boot to desktop option in the final release!

As soon as I see the start button then Im downloading it, until then Win 8 is a multi boot option I dont choose.

Agreed. Despite what some people say, the majority of people want the start menu or at least the option to use it. If 8.1 has an official start menu, I'd likely upgrade from 7. I realize there's tons of third party ways to do it but I don't really want to use a third party app for something as simple as the start menu.

What is windows 8.1 exactly, is it going to be a free download for windows 8 users, or is it a whole another os that you pay for??

Windows doesn't need a notification center. If you're fearful of missing something, keep an eye on the tiles, or set your toast to display longer.

What is windows 8.1 exactly, is it going to be a free download for windows 8 users, or is it a whole another os that you pay for??

I doubt it will be an entirely new OS. I think it will be considered just an update to 8 and like Mac OS X, they'll probably charge about $29 for the upgrade. Just my guess.

I just hope MS make sure everyone who purchased 8 and then reverted, knows about 8.1

Sounds stupid, why would normal people remove 8? I work for a bank and I dont bring up anything tech but have got into discussions where people have asked if its possible to downgrade from 8, or have said their new laptop is so much worse than their last because of the new 8 ui.

If MS have come to their senses then they need to make sure those people who purchased 8 along with their laptop or desktop know that things are now back on track. Im so annoyed MS went with the silly UI choices for 8 but at the same time I want Windows to continue because 7 was so great and Ive been with it since 3.1.

Windows doesn't need a notification center. If you're fearful of missing something, keep an eye on the tiles, or set your toast to display longer.

Why not? There is clearly the market for it. Android, iOS, WP and OS X all have their variations of it. I definately use my mOS's notification area.

Would love to see the ability to add tags to any file in Windows, that would make search valuable, that and folder previews which allowed you to show a full photo preview like XP did instead of the half photo perspective view since vista

Button =/= menu. You guys need to not get your hopes up and use a third party menu if you really want one.

Why not? There is clearly the market for it. Android, iOS, WP and OS X all have their variations of it. I definately use my mOS's notification area.

Windows Phone doesn't have a notification center. The live tiles are designed to be the notification center for their respective services.

Windows Phone doesn't have a notification center. The live tiles are designed to be the notification center for their respective services.

You are correct, it currently doesn't. I don't know I don't own a WP device. I just googled "Windows Phone Notification Center" took a VERY quick peek of the page: http://www.wpcentral.com/first-look-unification-notification-center-indows-phone. Looks like it's on its way in the future though.