Solution to get rid Windows 8 haters

Does anyone actually HATE windows 8? I think you find most of us don't hate it, we just don't like it. Big difference I think.

Yes I know it's not the best title for the thread but I can't change it now.

• Like 1

Does anyone actually HATE windows 8? I think you find most of us don't hate it, we just don't like it. Big difference I think.

Only a Sith works in absolutes. <removes geek hat> Unfortunately, "hater" has nearly lost all meaning lately. If you don't toe the line, you're now a "hater". It is what it is. Edit: Oops, toe/tow.

Only a Sith works in absolutes. <removes geek hat> Unfortunately, "hater" has nearly lost all meaning lately. If you don't tow the line, you're now a "hater". It is what it is.

Again I worded the title wrongly but can't change it.

• Like 1

Like I said above, the old, legacy code is being removed as it's being replaced.

Really? Because Startisback just hooks into code that was left within Windows 8, code which contains a START MENU.

Now granted, this code is gone from current builds of Blue, but there's no reason it cannot be put back to give the user a choice. Hell they're putting the start button back as well as an option to boot directly to the desktop.

I personally never use Microsoft products ever I run Linux and love it to death. but I find it funny as all get out how much most of you all get so worked up over nothing.

Unfortunately, I along with a lot of other people have needs that currently make switching to Linux an impossibility so what Microsoft do with Windows affects us a great deal. Once Linux becomes viable for gamers I'll consider switching, especially if MS keep butchering Windows in the way they're currently doing.

• Like 2

Oh. Haven't heard any reports saying that it doesn't....

Windows Blue broke Start8. they released an update and it started working again.. They didn't officially say that is what the update was for.. but it did fix it

i wish ReactOS became more mature and fully functional, so it can be used to replace Microsoft OS entirely.

You don't need to run Microsoft applications to get by anymore.. There are better alternatives now..If you want to run just a linux box now, today it is easier than ever.. When Microsoft releases Office for Linux in 2014.. It will be a HUGE help for those who can't live without it.

I personally never use Microsoft products ever I run Linux and love it to death. but I find it funny as all get out how much most of you all get so worked up over nothing.

Unfortunately, I along with a lot of other people have needs that currently make switching to Linux an impossibility so what Microsoft do with Windows affects us a great deal. Once Linux becomes viable for gamers I'll consider switching, especially if MS keep butchering Windows in the way they're currently doing.

Only thing is, Linux as a whole is perpetually stuck in a 1995 way of thinking. There's no uniform look and feel. Many Linux apps have atrocious and outdated UXs. There's no mobility. There's little interoperability with standard industry applications. I'm forced into a command prompt. Etc...

There's just no standardization in Linux, and until that happens (It won't, btw), Linux will remain forever a hopeless contender in the modern world. Linux is great for a few things, but as a front end technology that would be used by the masses? No way.

Only thing is, Linux as a whole is perpetually stuck in a 1995 way of thinking. There's no uniform look and feel. Many Linux apps have atrocious and outdated UXs. There's no mobility. There's little interoperability with standard industry applications. I'm forced into a command prompt. Etc...

There's just no standardization in Linux, and until that happens (It won't, btw), Linux will remain forever a hopeless contender in the modern world. Linux is great for a few things, but as a front end technology that would be used by the masses? No way.

i understand what you are saying but i know nothing about the terminal and never used it .

i also think my ubuntu gnome desktop looks 1000 times better then windows 8

4fx28n.png

2u7lma8.png

5wcu4w.png

i understand what you are saying but i know nothing about the terminal and never used it .

i also think my ubuntu gnome desktop looks 1000 times better then windows 8

It looks a lot like the Windows 8's start screen. :laugh:

So how is it 1000 times better?

• Like 2

Provide an option using the installation or in the control panel to choose between the start menu or start screen. Keeping everybody happy. Windows 95 did this and eventually people switched to the new Ul and the older Ul was no longer needed so it was removed from Windows XP SP2. :)

zmic7a.jpg

So your suggesting that Microsoft gives us windows 8 metro haters the choice to choose...that's what the whole argument has been from inception, lol give the customers the CHOICE to choose. /facepalm