Solution to get rid Windows 8 haters

win8

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#31 wahoospa

wahoospa

Neowinian

Posted 21 April 2013 - 14:51

Provide an option using the installation or in the control panel to choose between the start menu or start screen. Keeping everybody happy. Windows 95 did this and eventually people switched to the new Ul and the older Ul was no longer needed so it was removed from Windows XP SP2. :)

Posted Image

If you put something like this in the control panel how will people find it when they can't find the control panel? ;)

#32 Auditor

Auditor

Neowinian

Posted 21 April 2013 - 15:24

I think that will be a neat suggestion and will be a win win situation for everyone. If you want to play with metro theme then select metro but if you don't like metro abomination then simply choose the option and gid rid of metro crap forever.

#33 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 15:28

I remember that dialouge. :) It would be great if they did that.

#34 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 21 April 2013 - 15:41

I'd agree, if it wasn't for my impatience for the OS I really think I would have liked it.
Too set in my ways I guess.

#35 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:28

Like they did with the developer preview. :)

never used the developer preview. didn't know they had that. I guess too many people were using that for their tastes.

#36 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:01

No they removed the code to clean up the source and to make it more efficient and reduce the chance of bugs across different modules and to not have to waste resources maintaining to systems for the same thing.

#37 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21

Provide an option using the installation or in the control panel to choose between the start menu or start screen. Keeping everybody happy. Windows 95 did this and eventually people switched to the new Ul and the older Ul was no longer needed so it was removed from Windows XP SP2. :)

Posted Image

how about this, how about all the avid windows 8 lovers stop making stupid threads about how they want to live in LA LA Land, please give me a break child!

#38 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:20

Here is my solution to solve the battle between the lovers and the haters.

Lock them all in the same room with knives.

#39 OP +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 22 April 2013 - 16:39

how about this, how about all the avid windows 8 lovers stop making stupid threads about how they want to live in LA LA Land, please give me a break child!

A better solution would be for the people who don't mind Windows 8 to only post on Windows 8 topics that are positive not the negative ones as this causes fights and the people who dislike Windows 8 should stay away from Windows 8 topics unless they have something new to point out. :)

#40 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 16:53

A better solution would be for the people who don't mind Windows 8 to only post on Windows 8 topics that are positive not the negative ones as this causes fights and the people who dislike Windows 8 should stay away from Windows 8 topics unless they have something new to point out. :)

Wow really? Do you want that for everything then? Nobody will be allowed to vote below 5-star on product reviews? Only comment if you love it, otherwise shut up?

I use Windows 8. I like it like it much better than Windows 7. But there are just 3 things that irritate the hell out of me - so for that I am a Windows 8 hater? If we all just keep our mouths shut, what good does that do anybody?

I guess in today's world that is the attitude huh? Like the product, feel free to discuss it. If there is ANYTHING you do not like about it, keep your mouth shut.

I have not see these true "Windows 8 haters" like you guys seem to keep on mentioning. As I said, I like Windows 8 MUCH better than Windows 7, but there are several things I do not like about it. If we keep our mouth shut, nothing will happen.

Isn't this pretty pathetic MS created something that split the tech community so much like this? What the hell was Microsoft thinking? I guess they did not learn anything from Vista.

#41 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:02

Isn't this pretty pathetic MS created something that split the tech community so much like this? What the hell was Microsoft thinking? I guess they did not learn anything from Vista.

I think at this point all the "Windows 8 hater" nonsense is more psychological, group think, belonging to a group psychosis more than anything practical.

Very few pro-Win 8 users have anything to say about what great Modern Apps they would like to see. Yet continue to trumpet its virtues? The peculiar thing, the people labeled as Windows 8 Haters, want to see things in the OS be improved or removed. The Pro Windows 8 camp, want people who don't love everything about Windows 8 in its current state removed.

Hmmm.... software product improved vs. people who disagree with me removed. Something just ain't quite mentally right with that.

#42 OP +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:06

Wow really? Do you want that for everything then? Nobody will be allowed to vote below 5-star on product reviews? Only comment if you love it, otherwise shut up?

I use Windows 8. I like it like it much better than Windows 7. But there are just 3 things that irritate the hell out of me - so for that I am a Windows 8 hater? If we all just keep our mouths shut, what good does that do anybody?

I guess in today's world that is the attitude huh? Like the product, feel free to discuss it. If there is ANYTHING you do not like about it, keep your mouth shut.

I have not see these true "Windows 8 haters" like you guys seem to keep on mentioning. As I said, I like Windows 8 MUCH better than Windows 7, but there are several things I do not like about it. If we keep our mouth shut, nothing will happen.

My previous post was aimed at people who hate Windows 8 as whole and won't bother trying it. It is also directed at people who defend Windows 8 more than they should. People are using the same new interesting criticisms and use existing criticisms topics for the old criticisms (e.g. No start menu).

#43 blade1269

blade1269

Jesus Saved me! A Christian!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:09

I never knew that option was in Windows 95. Neat :D

Me too

#44 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:14

Guys. This will never happen. Notice on the desktop how Metro popups and flyouts appear now instead of old dialog boxes. The old code for those old boxes was removed from the codebase. The code for the Start Menu was removed from the codebase.

Little by little, old code is being replaced with more efficient and streamlined Metro code. I'm confused why no one here can seem to understand that. Just look at the leaked Metro CP in Windows 8.1 - we finally have a unified Control Panel! It's guaranteed to replace the old one and all those horrible, disjointed CP control boxes in the near future. After that happens, the old Control Panel code will be removed as well.

#45 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 April 2013 - 17:23

Guys. This will never happen. Notice on the desktop how Metro popups and flyouts appear now instead of old dialog boxes. The old code for those old boxes was removed from the codebase. The code for the Start Menu was removed from the codebase.

Little by little, old code is being replaced with more efficient and streamlined Metro code. I'm confused why no one here can seem to understand that. Just look at the leaked Metro CP in Windows 8.1 - we finally have a unified Control Panel! It's guaranteed to replace the old one and all those horrible, disjointed CP control boxes in the near future. After that happens, the old Control Panel code will be removed as well.

Um from what other people have said, that is false. Isnt Startisback just an activator for the old code that still exists?

And the code for those dialogs is gone? Really? Take a look at the Networking metro dialog (Windows 8) vs the Action Center dialog (windows 8). The Action Center dialog (windows 8) looks EXACTLY like the networking dialog (windows 7). Therefore, the code still exists.

What about the volume controls dialog. That looks the same as it did in Windows 7 (not metro).

What about the additional notification icons - same dialog as in Windows 7

What about the clock / calendar view - same as in Windows 7.

So the code still exists to create those dialogs vs the metro ones. All of this mixture of Metro dialog vs desktop dialog is what irritates us users the most. It is a schizophrenic OS and there is no denying that.