25 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]NEW YORK[/b]

Posted

Makes you wonder just how much [s]horse[/s] meat is in a dollar burger :woot: :laugh:

Posted

[quote name='arachnoid' timestamp='1366498193' post='595650040']
Makes you wonder just how much [s]horse[/s] meat is in a dollar burger :woot: :laugh:
[/quote]

Now there was neigh need for that... ;)
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1366494491' post='595649950']
The strategy has caused concern among analysts who worry that it could [u]eat into profit margins.[/u]
[/quote]
I see what they did there.
1 person likes this

Posted

I read an article on McDonalds branding about 5 years ago, and it mentioned the
1 person likes this

Posted

^ I know the managers comment on how much customers buy, around here.

Posted

I wonder if maybe people aren't eating out as much as they once did? Money is still tight.

Posted

I stopped going to McDonalds as much because the service is always TERRIBLE! (...at any location I go to - I don't understand how you forget a straw on a combo meal almost every single friggin time).
3 people like this

Posted

Her ein Australia the reports stated that it's value menu was the biggest profit driver in this country.

McDonalds are by far the leader her in Australia for their selection and value.

Posted

actually do not mind there smoothies

Posted

They got rid of Dollar Fries and Sundaes and Double Cheese Burgers and replaced that with a McDouble and they got rid of more Dollar options. Exactly what did they think was going to happen? They are stupid in the head if they think increasing the price of items will make people buy more.

Posted

[quote name='Tech Greek' timestamp='1366605199' post='595651712']
I stopped going to McDonalds as much because the service is always TERRIBLE! (...at any location I go to - I don't understand how you forget a straw on a combo meal almost every single friggin time).
[/quote]

They mess up my sandwich about every third time -- I have to constantly check what I get.

Last time a manager got rude with me about it -- so I sent McDonald's Corporate a little e-mail. :shifty:

Posted

They can blame the Dollar Menu if they want, but when they charge nearly $7 for a Double Quarter Pounder Extra Value Meal, I make other choices. Yes, I suppose their prices are competitive with other chains, but seems a little high if you ask me. On the cheap end of the menu, Burger King seems to have more, and tastier, choices. As does Wendy's and Arby's. I guess I'm just bored with McDonalds.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1366596104' post='595651582']
I wonder if maybe people aren't eating out as much as they once did? Money is still tight.
[/quote]

Considering fast food is usually cheaper than buying and cooking your own fresh ingredients, I doubt this is the case.

Posted

[color=#282828]"That battle for market share has become so critical for the long-term [b]health of business[/b], we're willing to sacrifice that margin," said Peter Bensen, the company's chief financial officer.[/color]

[font="Segoe UI, Segoe, Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#282828"]I love quotes like that from large and unhealthy restaurants.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1366669491' post='595653054']
Considering fast food is usually cheaper than buying and cooking your own fresh ingredients, I doubt this is the case.
[/quote]

Exactly. McDonalds is just killing off their competition. Once they hit that hospital bed theres no McDonalds for months afterwards, if at all.

Posted

^ In a town around here, McDonald's is on one side of the street, the Hospital is a couple of hundred feet down the street, and a big cemetery is right across the street. :s
1 person likes this

Posted

Their McFlurries are pretty good

Posted

They need to work on their service. Half the time your food is under/over cooked or they forgot to give you something. McDonald's is fine when they do it right but the rest of the time you end up wishing you paid a bit more for one of it's competitors.
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1366670071' post='595653064']
^ In a town around here, McDonald's is on one side of the street, the Hospital is a couple of hundred feet down the street, and a big cemetery is right across the street. :s
[/quote]

lol. The last 3 things you do can be all on the one street. Eat garbage, heart explodes, buried.

Posted

[quote name='Tech Greek' timestamp='1366605199' post='595651712']
[/quote]

I hear ya. I haven't been there in forever. The last time I went it took me 30 minutes to get my meal. I said never again after that.

Posted

I'm half tempted to screw up their timing the next time they ask me to pull up to finish their timer for corporate by just saying no.
1 person likes this

Posted

^ Do it ! :laugh:

Posted

[quote name='arachnoid' timestamp='1366498193' post='595650040']
Makes you wonder just how much [s]horse[/s] [s]meat[/s] cardboard is in a dollar burger :woot: :laugh:
[/quote]

Corrected

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1366670071' post='595653064']
[/quote]

Can't say you didn't have fair warning when you eat there. :D

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1366668305' post='595653018']
They mess up my sandwich about every third time -- I have to constantly check what I get.

Last time a manager got rude with me about it -- so I sent McDonald's Corporate a little e-mail. :shifty:
[/quote]

You one of these people who orders a big mac but doesn't want pickles, cheese or sauce on it?