Photo

Spare The Medical Treatment Kill The Child

fail healing i mean faith pennsylvania faith probation involuntary manslaughter medical care

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 arachnoid

arachnoid

A day without sunshine is like night.

• 4,477 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:02

In honesty Nightmare D Im asking people to consider the wider picture not just jump to conclusions based on a few quoted paragraphs like many of the threads seem to do here.Yes the child is dead and yes it should not have happened if there were a possibility they could have survived but this is how their faith works.Lets take another great American institution the Mormons for example, are we to force technology upon them because we think it is a better way of life?

#17 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:04

In honesty Nightmare D Im asking people to consider the wider picture not just jump to conclusions based on a few quoted paragraphs like many of the threads seem to do here.Yes the child is dead and yes it should not have happened if there were a possibility they could have survived but this is how their faith works.Lets take another great American institution the Mormons for example, are we to force technology on them because we think it is a better way of life?

There is no wider picture. A childs life trumps any religious belief, period.

#18 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,542 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:08

Add to the reasons Religion is bull****.

George Carlin had it right. Worship the Sun, you can actually see the sun. Or worship Joe Pesci.

The sun damaged my eyes and I sleep through it. Moon forever! (Side note: I actually do believe in my religion but haven't gone to church in a while. And people like this are just idiots...if God gives you the tools to save yourselves and you choose not to, surprise! It doesn't work.)

#19 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,907 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:12

screw freedoms if it means harming children, sorry if anyone disagrees. If you honestly think religious freedom should allow harming of children, then what about if a religion promotes child sex? what about child sacrifice? You ok with those too in the name of religious freedom?

#20 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:30

No belief should trump the health & safety of people. period.

Anyone that believes otherwise should be removed from society so they can't harm anyone.

#21 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 707 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:40

where was the childrens right of religious freedom. the constitution's religious freedom goes both ways, freedom to practice religion and freedom from religion.

#22 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:47

where was the childrens right of religious freedom. the constitution's religious freedom goes both ways, freedom to practice religion and freedom from religion.

Don't forget the child's right to actually live. That trumps ALL the others.

#23 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 707 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:52

In honesty Nightmare D Im asking people to consider the wider picture not just jump to conclusions based on a few quoted paragraphs like many of the threads seem to do here.Yes the child is dead and yes it should not have happened if there were a possibility they could have survived but this is how their faith works.Lets take another great American institution the Mormons for example, are we to force technology upon them because we think it is a better way of life?

What does technology have to do with Mormons. There are not amish. you do realize it was mormons who started Adobe, Silicon Graphics, Atari, Word Prefect and invented the Invented the television and

#24 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:56

The parents have a duty of care to protect the child until it is of an age whereby its legally declared an adult and can protect itself. If I made up a religion whereby my beliefs are such that I can beat the the child black and blue every day to appease my deity then that's ok with you?

#25 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:57

What does technology have to do with Mormons. There are not amish. you do realize it was mormons who started Adobe, Silicon Graphics, Atari, Word Prefect and invented the Invented the television and

Umm, mormons didn't invent the TV, that was invented in England by John Logie Baird, an atheist.

#26 Ian W

Ian W

Neowinian Werewolf

• 1,544 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:06

Unfortunately, stories like this only add to the "religion is bad" mentality that is all too prevalent today.

The foolish parents are not representative of religion as a whole, but I'm going beyond the scope of this topic.

Anyway, I wish they had the sense enough to believe that the being they worship would want what is best for their child (by taking him to the doctor), instead of letting him die.

#27 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:21

No one is saying all religion is bad, this religion is backwards when they wont even treat a suffering child and let it die. I think god would understand if the parents took the child to be treated, he is supposed to be forgiving, right?

#28 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,099 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:33

wasn't there also case about death becasue scientology 'medical' method ?

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:38

A Northeast Philadelphia couple sentenced to probation for practicing faith healing after the 2009 death of their ill toddler son are again under criminal investigation in connection with the death of their 8-month-old son Thursday.

They didn't learn anything the first time?

#30 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• 1,314 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:07

Not sure why these people are any different from $cientologists to be honest, they do the exact same thing.